HubSpot Ideas

hayesnelson

Use workflow to trigger a sequence

I'd like to be able to use a hubspot workflow to enroll (and trigger) a contact into a sequence in the CRM.

I'd like to execute a sequence we've built in our HubSpot CRM when a contact property changes. eg; when contact property is set to 'X' trigger sequence 'Y'

262 Comentarios
mgandi
Participante

Hi Everyone,

Is there any update on this idea? We would need this feature for the following scenario.

When one of our prospects turns into a customer we take him through an onboarding process which starts with a one on one call with a customer success manager who is different from the salesperson who followed him until there. To make this call happen, we add the contact to a sequence of three emails that encourage the new customer to book some time with his customer success manager. We use sequences here because we want to benefit from the following features of sequences:

1. The sequence stops when the client answers to one of the emails of the sequence
  2. The sequence stops when the client book a meeting with the user who added the client to the sequence

The above is unfortunately impossible with workflows as far as I know.

We can easily build a list of new customers (excluding repeating purchases, etc) so we could easily enroll new customers into an onboarding workflow which would include adding clients to the aforementioned sequence. Unfortunately, without the possibility of triggering sequences directly from a workflow, this is impossible.

Would it be at least possible to open the API which allows enrolling a contact in a sequence? At least advanced users could manage to make it work with a bit of business-logic-glue in the background.

MichelleFink
Colaborador

@mgandi The example use case above is really great! We would benefit in the same way since we also use Hubspot to handle the customer success side after a deal is closed.

thomaspage
Miembro

We need this because whenever we set up a new client we have multiple vendors to set up, each with their own process. I'd like to use the new client workflow I have now to trigger sequences of only tasks for each vendor process. The sequences allow me to make the tasks sequential so we can see exactly where each client is at instead of just creating all the tasks at once.

Example:

New client workflow triggered after quote paid for client Z.

They want Vendor Y, so sequence "Set up Vendor Y for client Z"

Sequence

1. Create new task to reach out to Vendor Y with specific details

2. Receive login credentials from Yendor Y 

3. Set up training with client for Vendor Y's integration

4. Contact Vendor Y so that they can activate client Z's account

The process is different for each vendor, and we may be setting up 2 or 3 vendors per client. So the number of tasks would get overwhelming without using sequences. I'd like to avoid manually triggering the 2 to 3 sequences every time we get a new client.

Betty
Miembro

This auomation is useful for us.  Hope to see it soon.

finn
Colaborador líder

+1

jochenvp
Participante

Any updates on this? has been 3 years now

aegraphics
Participante
Yes! We need this so bad. So after a send a Quote through Hubspot it can trigger a Sequence would be VERY helpful!!!!
FreddyWindows
Miembro

Working on it my ***. It's been 3 years. You guys need to implement this. It is such a simple feature for a sales CRM. 

My sales guys need this, as for now I have to manually go in and enroll people in a sequence after an estimate is sent. So pointless as it seems this could be such a majorly easy workflow to create.

silvacarl
Miembro

agreed.  for a tool as sophisticated as this one, which is also priced the same way, having to manually do this it a problem.  we even researched if it could be done via the API and the answer is no.

torg
Participante

@glencornell Is there an update on this since 9 months ago?

Of course these features are a lot more complex to develop than meets the eye, but there are many people on these forums desperate for this or forced to look at other platforms. I think this feature would also help you compete against 'outreach' focussed tools like Outreach.io.

Would be a pleaseure to join the beta if it's on the way.

JHigdon
Miembro

I second this! 

Since we're not ablet to unenroll contacts from workflows based on an email reply, being able to automate sequence enrollment would be the next best thing!

Commander
Miembro

What the F? It's 2020, over 3 years later. No solution to this most obvious idea? 

Wow

torg
Participante

Another bump since last month.

@glencornell Is there an update on this since 9 months ago?

Of course, these features are a lot more complex to develop than meets the eye, but there are many people on these forums desperate for this or forced to look at other platforms. I think this feature would also help you compete against 'outreach' focussed tools like Outreach.io.

Would be a pleasure to join the beta if it's on the way.

thisisdatis
Colaborador

Would be lovely to get this feature going or add reply tracking to marketing emails for nurturing purposes. 

Any updates??

markflint
Miembro

Any updates?

torg
Participante

Another bump for good measure

emhall810
Miembro

How goes the progress on this? It seems like such a simple thing with so many different applications to better control 1:1 messaging.

The other option is to be able to specify critera that can be met to trigger a sequence.

I'm sure that something can be done about this while maintaining compliance for email sending.

netsquire
Participante

This feature would be a game changer but for some companies it might make Marketing Pro irrelevant. This conflict may explain the delay. Still, CRM software is more important than than marketing software so I doubt HubSpot would hold back Sales Pro because of product conflict. Just a reminder that @glencornell stated in 2019 that this feature was under investigation and asked for volunteers. Did anyone here volunteer who can provide an update? Glen has since been promoted so he presumably has more clout to advocate for this feature internally.

Anonymous
No aplicable

@netsquire I spoke to Glen in 2019 and gave him our use case examples. Haven't heard anything since, though.

MartinVercouter
Participante

Would also highly appreciate this!