HubSpot Ideas

hayesnelson

Use workflow to trigger a sequence

I'd like to be able to use a hubspot workflow to enroll (and trigger) a contact into a sequence in the CRM.

I'd like to execute a sequence we've built in our HubSpot CRM when a contact property changes. eg; when contact property is set to 'X' trigger sequence 'Y'

262 Kommentare
grahamfcr
Teilnehmer/-in

Strange that this is not available. I've seen something like this setup with Marketo and Salesforce. 

Smoot328
Teilnehmer/-in

This would be great for form submissions sales follow-up. 

Scenario: 
A sales inquiry form is submitted. This triggers a workflow that sends an automated follow-up email, creates a deal, and notifies a sales representative of a potential customer. The workflow then enrolls that potential customer in a sequence that will automatically carry out the initial sales-ready outreach until the potential customer engages with the messages. 

This capability will put efficiency through the roof for my sales team!

hannah-keydata
Teilnehmer/-in

We would also love this feature! We can't send emails from a workflow because it won't unenroll a contact when they respond to an email- whereas sequences will. 

Lotte
Mitglied

any update on this? we would appreciate this feature as well  

Kees
Mitglied

Unfortunately despite all the requests still no answer from Hubspot

NilsK
Mitglied

Yes, please!

rcusma
Mitglied

Would it also be possible to also have this in reverse? Once a sequence has been completed the contacts are then enrolled into a workflow. 

mtallia
Mitglied

Would be great if workflows could be created for sales pro. For instance, create a workflow for new contacts created (synced from SF) and auto enroll those contacts into our persona sequences rather than have to do this manually. Automate that entire process.

Right now we wait for account/contacts to sync from Salesforce. Once they come into hubspot we open them up and manually enroll, it would allow us to move faster if this was automatic.

If daily limits are hit in one day in, it just auto picks back up following day. Rolling list kinda thing.
thombout
Mitglied

Please do it!!

jasonashaw
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

We figured out a workaround to automatically unenroll a contact from a sequence if they don't respond to an email. 

We are using sequences and contacts can respond by calling us, or even just taking an action without ever resplying to the email. If the contact does either of these things we want to automatically unenroll them from the sequence.

We created a dynamic list for users enrolled in sequences (you could create a static list and add users to that list based on a workflow).

Using Zapier, we trigger the zap based on an event. The zap looks up the contact in Hubspot, filters to see if they are in our target list. If the contact is in the list, the zap automatically create an engagement (eg Meeting) for the contact. Adding the meeting instantly unenrolls the contact from the sequence.

We've tested it and it appears to be working.

Note: A meeting date is required. We jsut used the date/time stamp of the event, but the meeting date needs to be in UTC format. We had to use the zap formatter to change our  date to UTC.

Good luck!

billcooey
Mitglied

Any more thoughts on this? It would be a huge help to our automation goals. I hate to think I would need to go to zapier or do some other hack to pull this off.

erinhartje
Teilnehmer/-in

I would like to set up an automated sequence so that when a lead fills out a form, they get pushed into a sales process automatically and will get emails/meeting links, etc from the contact owner they were assigned to. This will take a lot of manual work away from sales people until they get a reply.

erinhartje
Teilnehmer/-in

THIS IS A MUST. When someone fills out a form on your website, they should be automatically enrolled in a sequence.

Erin

silvacarl
Mitglied

we will beta test any time you want!

Smiley (fröhlich)

NilsK
Mitglied

Any updates? Really neccessary!

jeroendp
Mitglied

Would be very nice if this would work.

jw1219
Mitglied

Need the trigger to make automation truly work well

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
MeganLegge
HubSpot-Produktteam

jasonashaw
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

FYI, Until HubSpot builds this capability, you can use MailShake as an interim method to achieve this result. MailShake connects very nicely to Hubspot through Zapier, and MailShake offers some fairly robust API functionality, too, if you have the capability to utilize it. You can create a sequence in MailShake, and add contacts based on a trigger within HubSpot, and you could equally unenroll from the sequence based on HubSpot activity. 

Just thought I'd share this workaround. Good luck!

hughcarling
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

Big YES to this idea