Use workflow to trigger a sequence

I'd like to be able to use a hubspot workflow to enroll (and trigger) a contact into a sequence in the CRM.

I'd like to execute a sequence we've built in our HubSpot CRM when a contact property changes. eg; when contact property is set to 'X' trigger sequence 'Y'

HubSpot updates
114 Replies
netsquire
New Contributor

I think this beta feature might be what people on this thread want:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/forms/create-follow-up-emails-for-forms

DannyKing
Occasional Contributor

Good find netsquire - that does look like a good feature but unfortunately I belive it won't do what many of the people in this thread are asking for. Follow-up emails on forms are great for people that have filled out a form, but for other contacts we still need to manually go through and add every single one to a sequence and there's no way to automate that, unless you want to stick to marketing-only emails, which don't fit the use-cases well that sequences can.

Hubspot have been igorning this for a while... it sounds like they just don't want this functionality for some reason but they haven't elaborated as to why, despite many users asking for it. We're just looking at moving our outreach efforts outsude of Hubspot becuase it's not scalabale for us without automation for sequences for the SDR style outbound emails we do. Which of course significantly lowers the value of Hubspot to us as we scale because ideally we want everything in one place.

MCogs
New Contributor

I would really, really like this functionality.  I don't know why it does not exist.

A trigger starts a sequence.  Why is this so hard? 

TY!

Kees
New Contributor

It is a pity that the adjustment in hte form-sequence doesn't allow you to add a document, like you can do on emailtemplates.

Now you only can send a confirmation but still connot use it as a way to receive a document.

ericahelmer
New Contributor

This is essential if we are going to extend automation into the sales process.  Need to be able to send 1:1 email based on activity to save sales person time.

OfferZenBrett
Regular Contributor

@edjusten 

Is this on Hubspot roadmap at all? I'd like to enroll contacts in a sequence using a workflow trigger. 

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community!

Thanks everyone who has contributed to this thread with comments and upvotes. We've been internally investigating ways to turn this idea into a reality. There are a number of great use-cases for how this could increase your teams efficiency, as well as numeruos potentially unwanted scenarios that we plan to avoid. This has made implementing a seemlingly simple feature to be surprisingly complicated!

If anyone would like to help, it would be great to discuss some of your use-cases, reasons, and ideas for how you would use this feature. I'd also like to share some questions and a few scenarios to get further thoughts and reactions to how we might implement this.  I plan to start setting up some calls in the next several weeks.

If you're interested, please send me a direct message!

- Glen

OfferZenBrett
Regular Contributor

@glencornell  count me in. Sending DM now. Just need to figure out how Smiley Wink 

Nadine_N
Regular Contributor

Happy to send you some ideas. I understand the reluctance but even with that, this automation is long overdue

alexinelittle
Visitor

This would be extremely helpful for us. We have multiple workflows that are based off of our web app and it would be helpful to have these leads be automatically enrolled in a sequence if they meet SQL criteria.