HubSpot Ideas

hayesnelson

Use workflow to trigger a sequence

I'd like to be able to use a hubspot workflow to enroll (and trigger) a contact into a sequence in the CRM.

I'd like to execute a sequence we've built in our HubSpot CRM when a contact property changes. eg; when contact property is set to 'X' trigger sequence 'Y'

262 Kommentare
darmlinatchaos
Teilnehmer/-in

+1

Kees
Mitglied

We organise events and register participants via Hubspot. We would like to send them a form with more detailed information after signing up. This is why we realy need this feature.

gilles
Mitglied

Yes - this is crucial and the whole idea behind sequencing - for facebook leads for example, it's the perfect solution to follow up properly until the lead actually answers ! -

please 😉 xmas gift ?

chueb
Mitglied

After more research i realized everything in Sequences can also be done in Workflows, and with Workflows you can set triggers to auto-enroll and you can use Emails instead of Templates to provide better analytics and control over the email.  You can also add additional steps in the Workflows like subscribing users, changing lead status, and complex if/then statements.  So now I just dont use Sequences and use Workflows instead.  I still think Sequences should have auto-enroll though, but i do love Workflows so i recommend just using those instead now.

joparisot
Teilnehmer/-in

Hi @hayesnelson

I have exactly the same need as you here. Doesn't seem hubspot added this features since then. 

Were you able to find a workaround? 

Thanks!

lpitcock
Mitglied

Need this too. For automating implementation followups. Any update? It **bleep** to have to manually spoonfeed/enroll when everything else is easily automated.  Any workarounds?

dpitcock
Mitglied

+1 would be really helpful on automating dealflow. Perhaps if the contact properties are complete (as they should be because it's in a deal), then it will enroll, if not, a task for someone to visit and manually enroll. Dealflow or sales and especially after-sales like onboarding are really important to not miss a beat, so automation here is really needed.

liongardbobby
Teilnehmer/-in

Please build this. Enrolling in a sequence from a workflow and sending sales templates from workflows.

karinamariotti
Teilnehmer/-in

This would be great for tickets to. 

For example: a ticket moves to a stage, it triggers a workflow that put contact associated with hat ticket into a sequence 

karinamariotti
Teilnehmer/-in

Would be awesome to have this! A good example is tickets. 

I would like to automatically enroll associated contact tied to a ticket that moves to a certain stage so that a CSM can follow up with an automated email and if they don't respond, a call. 

MattB
Mitglied

Yes! Much needed.

Nadine_N
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Have you heard anything back about this idea?

Kees
Mitglied

No, unfortunately not. It realy would make it worth paying for.

JustinBarsketis
Mitglied

I talked to a support agent a while back and he said that it is not possible due to some email guidelines they have to follow, at least in an easy way. That emails are not allowed to be sent to new users without your explicit permission, i.e. enrolling them individually. This is probably to cut down on potential bots sending spam on your forms, or some guidelines they follow to stay on good terms with email providers, idk

karinamariotti
Teilnehmer/-in

@JustinBarsketis point from support is an interesting one, but only really applies to sales. I am in Customer Success and  I want to enroll customers into sequences automatically that have already opted in and are using our products. 

Kees
Mitglied

That's how I would like to use it too, to send a confirmation mail with a downloadlink or requested information concerning the form they filled out.

ericnetsch
Mitglied

Enrolling into sequences from a workflow is definetly necessary for basic CRM functionality.

JorgenDavidson
Teilnehmer/-in

Can not believe that this is not a feature. Massive gap and I am not delighted.

JorgenDavidson
Teilnehmer/-in

Can't believe this is not a featuer. I am not delighted to hear this.

awdimmick
Mitglied

This is possibly one of the largest feature gaps for HubSpot's platform. Considering you can auto enroll a new contact to a marketing email workflow, not being able to auto enroll into a sales sequence seems so ludicrous. If the issue is spam, what's keeping HubSpot users from spamming their contacts with automated marketing emails? This is definitely needed!