Use workflow to trigger a sequence

I'd like to be able to use a hubspot workflow to enroll (and trigger) a contact into a sequence in the CRM.

I'd like to execute a sequence we've built in our HubSpot CRM when a contact property changes. eg; when contact property is set to 'X' trigger sequence 'Y'

HubSpot updates
119 Replies
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Automate enrollment in sequences, so that everyone who filled out a form could be enrolled. 

hayesnelson
Occasional Contributor

Can I use a hubspot workflow to enroll (and trigger) a contact into a sequence in the CRM?

I'd like to execute a sequence we've built in our HubSpot CRM when a contact property changes. eg; when contact property is set to 'X' trigger sequence 'Y'

I'm not seeing a way to do this when building out a workflow in the marketing side. Thoughts?

HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

Hi @hayesnelson  At this time it is not possible to trigger a sequence within a workflow. 

However, this is a great suggestion. Can you head over to the ideas forum and add this as a post?

Ed

hayesnelson
Occasional Contributor

I could rebuild the sequence as a workflow...is there a way to kill a workflow based off a reply? @edjusten

HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@hayesnelson   You can disenroll someone from a workflow if they meet a specific goal, but answering an email can not be used as a goal criteria in a workflow. Workflow goal criteria are explained here.

Ed

hayesnelson
Occasional Contributor

@edjusten is a sale email defined as one sent via a rep or from the CRM side and a marketing email defined as an email that would be sent from the marketing side (as in ones sent from a workflow)?

Resason I ask is a goal can be set to un-enroll if 'recent sales email replied date is known'

amp
Occasional Contributor

It makes no sense that HubSpot does not allow you to automatically launch a sequence in a workflow.  This should not be a manual step each time you get a new lead.

HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

@hayesnelson  A sales emails is defined as a 1:1 email sent from the CRM or from a connected Gmail/Outlook inbox. A marketing emial is a 1:many blast send using the HubSpot marketing email app. Looks like you can dupe the sequnce in the workflow!

Ed 

hayesnelson
Occasional Contributor

If that sequence establishes a regular cadence of internal and external communication and tasks for my team, why not?

Sos-PDG
New Contributor

Yes!!! Very surprised that this feature isn't avaliable.