HubSpot Ideas

hayesnelson

Use workflow to trigger a sequence

I'd like to be able to use a hubspot workflow to enroll (and trigger) a contact into a sequence in the CRM.

I'd like to execute a sequence we've built in our HubSpot CRM when a contact property changes. eg; when contact property is set to 'X' trigger sequence 'Y'

262件のコメント
etautiva
HubSpot Employee

Automate enrollment in sequences, so that everyone who filled out a form could be enrolled. 

hayesnelson
参加者

Can I use a hubspot workflow to enroll (and trigger) a contact into a sequence in the CRM?

I'd like to execute a sequence we've built in our HubSpot CRM when a contact property changes. eg; when contact property is set to 'X' trigger sequence 'Y'

I'm not seeing a way to do this when building out a workflow in the marketing side. Thoughts?

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @hayesnelson  At this time it is not possible to trigger a sequence within a workflow. 

However, this is a great suggestion. Can you head over to the ideas forum and add this as a post?

Ed

hayesnelson
参加者

I could rebuild the sequence as a workflow...is there a way to kill a workflow based off a reply? @edjusten

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

@hayesnelson   You can disenroll someone from a workflow if they meet a specific goal, but answering an email can not be used as a goal criteria in a workflow. Workflow goal criteria are explained here.

Ed

hayesnelson
参加者

@edjusten is a sale email defined as one sent via a rep or from the CRM side and a marketing email defined as an email that would be sent from the marketing side (as in ones sent from a workflow)?

Resason I ask is a goal can be set to un-enroll if 'recent sales email replied date is known'

amp
参加者

It makes no sense that HubSpot does not allow you to automatically launch a sequence in a workflow.  This should not be a manual step each time you get a new lead.

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

@hayesnelson  A sales emails is defined as a 1:1 email sent from the CRM or from a connected Gmail/Outlook inbox. A marketing emial is a 1:many blast send using the HubSpot marketing email app. Looks like you can dupe the sequnce in the workflow!

Ed 

hayesnelson
参加者

If that sequence establishes a regular cadence of internal and external communication and tasks for my team, why not?

Sos-PDG
メンバー

Yes!!! Very surprised that this feature isn't avaliable. 

BenWiddowson
メンバー

We sell a digital product with a 30-day evaluation. We've had 10,000 downloads to date and need a way to nurture the customers who are evaluating and follow up when their eval expires.

Please implement a way for us to auto-enrol and trigger a sequence based on a form signup

Maka
参加者

This would be great to have indeed. I spend too much time kicking the sequences off instead of having it automated...

JonathanShoff
メンバー

In this current age of automation, this should already be a feature of HubSpot.

Having this feature would provide a lot of value for current HubSpot customers, and not cost HubSpot very much to implement.

I realize that HubSpot does not want its customers spamming people, but limits could be placed on it to prevent that from happening. There are already limits to how many contacts you can enroll in a sequence per day.

momchl
メンバー

Agree! Definitelly will be useful to have this!

Andres_Presentr
メンバー

Yep! I've made a sequence for if I leave a voicemail - It would be AMAZING if after I click "Left a voicemail" on the call tracker, it automatically enrolls my prospects into my left a voicemail sequence!

keriestewart
投稿者

this would be a great tool to have available, and i was suprised starting to use hubspot that it wasnt available. 

i can enrol a group into a workflow, but this doesnt suit for us or our clients, enorolling a daily group of new leads into a sequence works much better and is required automation for simple time saving

thanks

Carlnz
参加者

This automation is literally why I signed up to HubSpot.

I need webforms > HS sequencing. How is this not a thing?
Can this be done through Zapier? 

kloedesrosiers
参加者

Yes! Much needed.

austinpostler
参加者

Very good idea! It would be helpful for us to build automation around sequences.  

Alley-Samantha
参加者

This is a great idea.