HubSpot Ideas

TMF1090

Use sequences properties and activity as Contact filters in Lists and Workflows

We have multiple sequences running and need to be able to create list of contacts who have been enrolled into a sequence.  This allows us to run different types of field, email and product/services campaigns  based upon the location of the contacts and the date of the sequence.   

Realizing that I can take a list of contact and place them into a sequence. I am surprised that I can not take a sequence or sequences and create a list of contacts.   This woudl be a very helpful tool. 

Thank you

Thanks

Atualizações da HubSpot
Status atualizado para: In Planning
October 20, 2021 11:26 AM

Hi Community! 

If there was an 'In progress' option here, then I'd use it for this post! We have been in progress now for several weeks to get sequences data available in other places across HubSpot.

Currently, we are getting the 'raw' data into Lists when building Contact-based lists. I've included some screenshots for what this looks like in our testing environment.

Some of the remaining steps:

1. we need to clean up the labels on this data so it makes more sense, that includes removing some data that's just not useful!
  2. we need to add some 
  3. we then need to backfill this data from our testing environment to our "live in-production" vesion of HubSpot 

Once this has been done, I'll update the status here to "In beta" and you'll be able to request access! Some of our team has been taking a much-deserved break, so we will be able to begin these next steps in November when they are back! 

If you're following the "long tail" of work here, then you'll know there are a few more apps that we want to support, like Contact-based Workflows and Reports. After we are on Lists, we'll begin the process of getting these filters in those places as well! That means this Ideas Forum issue might be 'In beta' for some time, despite some elements of this work being out live to all.

A list built using sequence propertiesA list built using sequence propertiesThe sequence properties - before we clean this up and add a few moreThe sequence properties - before we clean this up and add a few more

July 19, 2021 12:44 PM

Hi Community,

I've just merged this idea with a related idea titled "Workflows should have to ability to use sequence completions or starts as trigger for following actions" and updated the title of this idea to account for the change.

Merging these ideas increases the overall traction for a concept by combining the total "kudos" received for similar issues. The technical solution to solve for each of these problems is very similar, so this will help us keep all updates in one place as we make progress towards a solution.

Re: Create a contact list from a sequence or sequences. - changed to: In Planning
October 27, 2020 07:29 AM

Hi Community!

I've merged this idea with a similar Idea to create a contact list/show sequences enrolled for a contact. All upvotes and comments from both should now be visible in this Idea post.

And an update! We are now planning work to allow sequences properties to be used as triggers and filters in workflows, lists, and reports. More details on the related work and progress can be found in the update for the Idea: Drill-downs for Sequences Open/Click Reporting

Best,

Glen

Best,

Glen

119 Comentários
Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
glencornell
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi Community!

I'm updating this idea to 'Being Reviewed'. We are evaluating the steps needed to export contacts from a filtered list based on sequence enrollment. I will update here once we have a better idea for plans going forward. 

Best,

Glen

hamish3
Membro

I would love for this to be released we have multiple sequences about to go out and we don't want any overlap of contacts going into the sequences but i have no visual of the contacts that are already or previously enrolled in other sequences! 

finn
Top colaborador(a)

+1

jeastman
Participante

Agree. It's so frustrating that we can't do this. I have multiple sequences and email workflows running and I need to be able to sort and exclude contacts so we don't over communicate. 

finn
Top colaborador(a)

+1

mwagner21
Participante

This would be beyond helpful! This insight would enable sales & marketing collaboration, by identifying people who may have been passed from marketing to sales a bit prematurely, or who require a bit more nurturing before they're truly ready to engage with sales. 

Revvmarketing
Participante | Parceiro

Can we please have hubspot add in a list filter for sequences? We need to be able to retarget people that were put into a sequence that ended with no reply. 

jakesdekock
Participante

I am surprised that the functionality to bulk select contacts in sequences to create lists is still not available.  I want to exclude contacts in sequences from marketing emails but it's impossible at the moment (or very hard to do via scraping and exporting CSVs)

finn
Top colaborador(a)

@glencornell Any news?

samantha_soofa
Membro

Very interested in this!

Nigel-A
Participante

This all sounds awesome... I'd also really like to see the ability for contacts to be removed from a sequence if they click a link within an email that's not a ''book a meeting'' link - ie a ''click here to register'' type link.

Dalittle20
Membro | Parceiro Diamante

Great idea! I need to be able to pull a list of contacts that have gone through a sequence to then update a company record. 

CophieSollins
Participante

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee implement this! The data is already in Hubspot. Please also add the ability to see how many sequences/names of sequences contact has completed 

andygould
Colaborador(a)

Holy smokes sequences needed to be treated like other objects in HubSpot. Why on earth can I not see a property that lists all sequences a contact was in? Why can't I get any reasonable analytics on sequences? Why can't I map the effect of sequences on the closing of deals? On MQL/SQL contact lifecycle stage? 

Sequences in combination with playbooks and workflows are a part of the structure of how we automate as much of our outreach as we can. It's important to treat them with significance. 

strassha
Membro

In addition to the ideas here, I would also like to be able to get a count of how many times a contact has been enrolled in a sequence (and be able to create lists and filters of contacts on that property). For example: Active list of leads that have been enrolled in less than 4 sequences.

Jbrewster
Participante

Any update here? It would also be nice to have a list of contacts who clicked/opened certain emails sent through a Sequence.

Quinn_small
Membro

Would also like to be able to run reporting on the deal and sales outcomes of a sequence.

MarkD1
Membro

Any feedback on this feature request. Our organization is beginning to make use of Sequence. Being able to create a list based on specific sequences where we can see email opens and other analytics is critical.

FlywheelKinetic
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

Frustrating that this isn't a possibility thru workflows or lists. I agree with the basic use cases. 

jmurphy1115
Participante

I'd also LOVE to be able to export sequence data so that I can analyze and sort performance by company name once sequences wrap. Currently the only way to see is clicking page by page which is cumbersome and not the most efficient. Been googling this for weeks and it sounds like other people have requested to so hopefully it can be implemented!