HubSpot Ideas

TMF1090

Use sequences properties and activity as Contact filters in Lists and Workflows

We have multiple sequences running and need to be able to create list of contacts who have been enrolled into a sequence.  This allows us to run different types of field, email and product/services campaigns  based upon the location of the contacts and the date of the sequence.   

Realizing that I can take a list of contact and place them into a sequence. I am surprised that I can not take a sequence or sequences and create a list of contacts.   This woudl be a very helpful tool. 

Thank you

Thanks

119 Comentarios
markjnorman
Miembro

Yep, this would be great to have!

mbolt
Miembro

Yes please implement this functionality to have the ability to change statuses automatically as contacts enter and complete specific sequences to reduce the mundain manual updating of contact properties to keep things organized.  The "Now in Sequence" property doesn't work as needed.

jcrespo
Miembro

In order to create reports meaningful to my company, a CSV export of recipient data at any time during the sequence is needed. Thanks.

Benjamin_Anton
Miembro

We finally found a workaround!

This is only for deal level: 

We trigger a deal based workflow by using "at least one associated contact has now in sequence equal to true" - then you can set the delay with the amount of days how long your sequence usually lasts. Afterwards you use the same, this time with false: "at least one associated contact has now in sequence equal to false".

Then we set a pre-defined property which is doing the rest (e.g. you have another small workflows which moves the deal then to another pipeline/triggers a task or whatever you want.)

akhil_
Participante

+1 to this idea.

Reason here is that we made changes to a sequence after it was already sent out (and had finished) for a number of contacts. We'd like the contacts who finished the sequence to now receive the extra email we had added on, but this doesn't appear to be possible directly from the sequence page. 

It would be fine if we could simply go into all of those contact profiles and send the final email that we had added, but it would be much easier to have this functionality available in a task view for example which we could create based on a filter of all the contacts for whom the sequence had ended.

DanielaFonseca
Colaborador líder

Any update?

DanielaFonseca
Colaborador líder

Any update?

nick-gat
Participante

I just spent the last hour or two banging my head against the wall with sequence reporting. The best possible way to do this is to create a field in Hubspot for the contact and then make our sales team update it with the specific sequence. Then we can do our own reporting. 

nick-gat
Participante

FYI for anyone who is interested. I created a webscraper that scraped the Hubspot contact URL's on each tab of the sequence reporting page, and exported them into a CSV. From there I split the contact ID off the end of the URL and then uploaded them into a static list. Viola! Annoying and clunky but it worked...

TonyDege
Miembro | Partner

Really agree with this. For example, I've enrolled over 200 contacts over the last couple weeks and I now have around 100 tasks to change lead status. There's no effective way for me to bulk change the lead status of these contacts. It seems like a ridiculous waste of my time to go through and one by one change these contacts lead status. Would really like to see a feature implemented to achieve this more effectively. 

I would imagine something like "Contact is enrolled in sequence:" and then the ability to select from a list of sequences to filter the contacts enrolled in a particular sequence, as opposed to just the true or false currently available.

akhil_
Participante

Ideally, it would be good to be able to filter on where exactly a contact is in a sequence as well (one step further down from which sequence they are in).

defranco
Colaborador

Hi we have a workaround that may work for some of you. 

We use a "stamp" text in email body to identify a specific template in sequence. For example I put at the end of the template a unique referecence text like: Ref: seq-xyz  and paint it and use a small text size so the recipient will not notice it. The stamp becames something like this:

Ref: seq-xyz 

..at the last email line (if you prefer you can use a white text so it will became completely invisible)

To use it on a workflow you just need to have a condition that a engagement (activity) email sent contains in email body the stamp string (Ref: seq-xyz)

So the contact will be added to workflow everytime the email in sequence is sent with the stamp that matches the one you have used.

If you use this always take in count that  in some cases your customer will clearly see the stamp ref text you've used for him (for example in cases that it uses a email client that converts html email to simple text).

emilyQualsys
Miembro

Would be really good if this were possible! 

HarvestROI
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

@sjudson  Is there a way to create a "new" list of people who DID NOT respond to a sales sequence after the sequence has ended? The use case would be taking changing Lifecycle Stage from "SQL" to "MQL" and automatically enrolling that list into a Marketing nurture campaign (keeping those Contacts in perpetual motion - like a Flywheel!).  

ramatoG2
Colaborador

Being able to export contacts in a Sequence -- whether they have responded/unresponded or enrolled/unenrolled -- is a must-have feature. This would allow us to segment, splice, and/or share the data in many ways.

Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
glencornell
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi Community! 

We are currently reviewing this idea, and I will post again here once we have some plans in place!

A related idea with some technical similarities is the ability to filter contacts by sequence enrollment.

Both of these ideas are part of a body of work that we are reviewing for sequences.

Best,
Glen

defranco
Colaborador

Thank you Glen!!

Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
glencornell
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi Community! 

We are currently reviewing this idea, and I will post again here once we have some plans in place!

A related idea with some technical similarities is the ability to filter contacts by sequence enrollment.

Both of these ideas are part of a larger body of work that we are reviewing for sequences.

Best,
Glen

PaulBruce3
Miembro

Any idea on a timeline for this?  Looks like it's been an issue since 2017 - long time.  

AaRe3
Participante

I personally would love to see history tracking on Sequences. Preferably controlled by a workflow. If a contact is enrolled in a sequence, update the "Sequence campaign" property (Multi checkbox) with a token of the sequence name. 

I have a rep who took step 1 from a sequence and created 2 new sequences with the same 1st touch email from the last. He filtered the list and used the "Now in sequence" filter, but all of those contacts had just finished the sequence so they got re-enrolled with the same first touch email.