HubSpot Ideas

DanAt3DV

Use personalization tokens in chat

We're loving messages within Hubspot and the links to smart lists and 'Known Contacts'.

Would it be possible to add some personalisation tokens e.g. [Contact first name] to the 'Welcome message'?

25 Replies
ron_kagan
Contributor
DanAt3DV
Contributor

Hi @ron_kagan,

Thanks for this but as Hubspot are willing, we'd rather keep everything in one place rather than subscribing to another service. 

DavidEedle
Participant

Personalising the chat messages for known contacts is a feature we really like in Autopilot, which we are dumping to move everything to Hubspot. So definitely want the ability to personalise Messages with 'Hi there David'.

ron_kagan
Contributor

Hey @DanAt3DV (and @DavidEedle) -- I agree that it's nice to wrap everything in HubSpot rather than a hodgepodge of software subscriptions.

I've not used it but this could be a solution: https://www.hubspot.com/integrations/drift

Note: I am not paid by HS or Drift.

In fact, I wish HS's messsenger would just work like that!

stinhambo
Contributor

I would like to vote for this too. Would be good to greet people in the CRM if they go to book a meeting in case they have any further questions.

brkn
Participant

Hey there HS Team & Community 👋

I was wondering if there are any plans to add the ability to use personalization tokens in the Live Chats Welcome Prompt? e.g. Name, Location, Industry, Company, etc. (drift.com does this)

This way we could greet a lead or customer based on specific criteria, UTM links, tracking etc and add certain tokens in the greeting message! This could be pretty valuable and powerful!

Cheers.

serkanh

Hello,

I need that feature as in Drift.  I want to say welcome to my customer in the more personalized way. 

Kaj

Same here!

mofo_mick

We're considering using Hubspot instead of Intercom, but this feels like a big blocker to the transition.

willcurran
Top Contributor

Yes, why can't we add personalization tokens to the welcome message but we can put them in EVERY other message.

SamRuiz
Participant

Please add personalization feature 

defranco
Contributor

Please! We really need this.

ashleeflooret

I was surprised that this feature was not already incorporated in Hubspot. I hope it will be integrated very soon.

DrewJ

Ive found this after experianceing not just token personalisation but a DNS look up by a compeditors website so even if they dont have any details about me or my business they know my business name via DNS lookup. This seems like a simple feature with personaisatoin tokens every where else in Hubspot. How do we get this added as afeature request?

FinallyMatt
Participant | Platinum Partner

This not being worked on yet? It would be incredibly useful! I'm kinda surprised it's not already in the mix.

mfreiert
HubSpot Product Team

We're exploring how and when we can enhance our Chat experience to better support personalization. We'll update this post in the next couple months.

davesch

Adding one more vote here. Please prioritize this!

Olli1

Please proritize, is important!!

LBDistillery

Please add personalization to chat!

KErtugrul

This seems like an obvious and powerful feature to add. Seems strange that you can put hubspot data into Intercom but not into Hubspot?