HubSpot Ideas

YiRui_Chua

Use different unique identifier for company sync

Hi team!

Currently, company sync will only be based on company domain name and company name. However, a lot of times, the naming might be inconsistent across the data bases (e.g. hubspot vs intercom)

As such, it would be great if we can select a different property (e.g. a custom ID property) for sync purposes. Thank you!

Edit: This is with regards to HubSpot's Data sync tool, my bad!

3 Replies
franksteiner79
Key Advisor

Hi @YiRui_Chua 

All objects in HubSpot have a so called object id.

You can get the id of existing objects via export or by reading it via API.

I hope that helps.

Frank

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hey @franksteiner79 ,

Thanks for this! I should have been clearer - I was referring to HubSpot's Data Sync integrations specifically.

charliepinker
Contributor

This would be excellent. Without this I'm currently unable to sync company-level information from Hubspot to Intercom, which would be a huge help.

To explain the use case... we use Hubspot and Intercom. Hubspot of course has a company name and a domain name, but these are not reliable sources of data to sync against, as these don't exist consistently in Intercom. 

To keep these records in sync, and therefore be able to sync company-level information (e.g. "plan"), we need to be able to select a property that we know will match. In our case, we do create a unique ID for each account and send this to both Hubspot and Intercom, so we just need to be able to select that as the sync property.

In the meantime, we are syncing company level info to contacts in Hubspot, and then using the sync tool to sync that data over to Intercom, but it results in company level data being stored at the contact level, which isn't correct.