HubSpot Ideas

ParkerShort

Use company tokens in Deal workflow internal emails

Hi there,

I'd like to use a deal-based workflow to automatically ask for an update that goes out at as an internal email. Our deal names are inconsistent, so I want to simply ask "What's the status on the deal with {{company.name}}?" 

It doesn't seem to be possible. I can't reference the associated company in the internal email. I can't do it from the company workflow either. It seems like I may be able to hack something together between the two properties to copy the company name property onto the deal object, but this should be easy. 

TL; DR: Let us reference associated objects in all internal emails

22 Replies
DanBeer

Me too, it seems pretty basic that I cant referenence the company in automated emails, theres a lot of use cases for us.

Dan

Carly_Watson
Participant

I agree this seems to be a missing feature!

naitan

Also agree and hope this can happen.

TCollins

Adding my name to this list

nkausalik

New to HubSpot. In the middle of building out our Deal Stage Workflows, my team ran into the same hurdle. There are multiple internal updates and requests that need to happen while a target client is in the Deal Stage process. Currently, the only custom tokens that are available to use in the Deal Workflows are deal tokens. 

It would be extremely beneficial to have the option to use company and contact tokens reference additional information that relates to the target in the automated internal emails. If this is not favored by the HubSpot team, the other option would be to have the ability to trigger a template which already allows for additional tokens to be referenced. 

TCollins

In case it helps anyone, here's a workaround. It doesn't replace the feature, but it might be helpful.

You can make a custom property for deals, and then use a workflow to copy the company name of the associated company to it. That way, you can then access the company name in places where you can only access the deal properties.

mpatino
Participant

Big feature gap that is in all major CRMs (sugar, salesforce, zolo, dynamics...)

mpatino
Participant

All associates object fields should be available for workflows. I need to send alerts to diffrent departments with deal data that is stored in diffrent objects like the the company's address or the contact's email. To do this now I have to create custom fields in the Deal object and copy the data in to these fields. This will lead to a very cluttered database and make reporting more complex. 

APayne

Yes, this should be a basic feature!

faithantion
Contributor

This feature is needed. I ran into the same issue building deal stage workflows, with the same use case as the OP. At a certain step of the process, I want to send an internal email with [company name] [deal name]. We need to be able to reference all objects associated to the deal, including companies and contacts, when building deal-based workflows. Trying to get users to follow a consistent naming convention for deals is error-prone and shouldn't be necessary. This request is over 2 years old; is there an update from HubSpot?

kaylaboye

Our company would also greatly benefit from this basic capability. 

MJamieson
Participant

I agree simply need to be able to use any token in any workflow. 

this would seem simply enough if you could create assocations between properties.

assocaite  company property A.  to Deals   or to Tickets etc 

to allow people to utalise specifc propertis in cross object  workflows  

WConnor7

this would definitely be helpful and seems crazy that it isnt possible...

BMyrell

Wow. This is crazy. Why has this not been worked on? This is basic

Edsby

Also adding our company's name, and vote, for this as an enhancement. Ran into this surprising limitation today trying to make meaningful internal notifications for new won deals.

RSanei
Participant

I agree this would be massively beneficial to our company!

KHoque

So a Beta made available today seems to cover this but this doesent seem to have been updated. Hope this helps:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/workflows/use-associated-record-data-in-workflows

Lheyza

100% agree and surprised that this has not yet been developed.

Edsby

This idea should be marked as completed/solved. As KHoque above noted earlier this year, an update was made that now enables association of other objects for access to their properties. In the Available Data sidebar when authoring a deal automation email, there is now a blue "Edit available data" text link that lets you bind related objects and draw from their properties. Doing so inserts a cryptically formatted string of text, not a polished chiclet-style white box, but it still appears to work. Solves the limitation I described for us earlier in the thread, but your mileage may vary. 

Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 8.28.25 AM.png 

HubSpot, consider marking this thread as closed with the resolution at the top.

Lheyza

@Edsby I am quite a novice at Hubspot, but I was trying to add a Company Name (company property) to a deal workflow that sends out a notification internally. In the deal workflow, I don't seem to be able to select company properties as tokens (it only gives me deal options, screenshot below).

If it is actually possible, can you direct me where I could find it?

LLippusPalon_0-1698174112753.png