HubSpot Ideas

amoa

Use clicks on Sales Documents as trigger (e.g. for workflow)

Especially in the latter stages of the sales process, we are sharing Sales Documents with leads quite extensively.  Whereas the tracking and reporting on the Sales Document page itself is good - I can see a full list of who downloaded the document - the tracking and reporting on the contact page is very limited. 

I propose to enable clicks on a 'Sales Document' to be used as a trigger (e.g. for a workflow) in the same way you can do this with Page Views.  This can then be used in a range of funnel activities, e.g.:

1. Enrol contact in a new workflow
  2. Populate a custom field on contact for e.g. 'Downloaded Document X' with value 'YES' to provide better visibility of whether or not a contract has downloaded the document.
  3. Allocate Hubspot Score points as downloads of these Sales Document is a major indicator for whether the lead is hot, or not.
Mises à jour HubSpot
April 26, 2023 12:38 PM

Hi all,

I'm a lead on the on the Workflows team and I wanted to personally reach out and share an update here. We understand that enrolling on sales document activity has been a feature many customers have been eagerly awaiting for quite some time, and I'm happy to say this is something we are actively working on right now and hope to have available in the near future. Specifically, when documents are shared or viewed by contacts.

I want to express our gratitude for your patience and continued support. Know that your feedback and persistence have not gone unnoticed, and we will keep you posted with any further updates!

Best,

Jesse

38 Commentaires
GeorgieL
Participant

This is definitly needed. 
We want to see which documents contribute to a sale. 

I-Gonzalez
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting for a customer as this would be a great feature to have!

Ellesyanna
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

This really needs to be added. Definitely agree with the comment of amoa as well! 

Sharp6621
Membre

+1, this functionality would be very helpful.

Teamup_Justin
Membre

Can't believe this hasn't been added yet.  I get email notifications containing this exact information, but can't start a workflow - crazy!

Please add this as a trigger.

JIngram
Membre

My team could really use this feature as well. 

TvJ
Membre

Urgently needed!

internetjason
Membre

New here and was shocked that this wasn't already an option for triggering. This is a must-have! 

ELagneaux
Membre

Need this 

rodcunha
Participant

This seems like such an oversight that is hard to understand how it hasn't been done.

YKrug
Membre

How come it hasn't been done yet!!! My team needs this so bad 😕

Victorsnor
Participant

+10

Teamup_Justin
Membre

Do Hubspot ever implement these suggestions - I've never seen one of the various I've commented on put into place yet?

AdamPrice
Membre

Given Hubspots focus on an "inbound sales strategy" using content to trigger actions, I'm really surprised to see that this cant feed directly into the pipeline. I'm assuming that we're expected to rely on the marketing side of HS to allow this functionality. But it hugely devalues sales documents, that have excellent analytics. 

CSchramm
Membre

+3

BKoehoorn
Membre

This would be hugely Beneficial. 

jbartola
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Hi all,

I'm a lead on the on the Workflows team and I wanted to personally reach out and share an update here. We understand that enrolling on sales document activity has been a feature many customers have been eagerly awaiting for quite some time, and I'm happy to say this is something we are actively working on right now and hope to have available in the near future. Specifically, when documents are shared or viewed by contacts.

I want to express our gratitude for your patience and continued support. Know that your feedback and persistence have not gone unnoticed, and we will keep you posted with any further updates!

Best,

Jesse

SvanLaar
Membre

@jbartola Hi! Can you give us an update in regards to this feature? Thanks