HubSpot Ideas

cdellen

Use Workflow to Update Deals

It would be GREAT! if HubSpot could extend the Workflows capability to update Deals. Currently, you can use workflow to create or assign a deal... but not update one.

Example:

If Deal is marked as Lost

Than Set Deal Lost date to X.

Many use cases here automatically updating deals if it were possible.

Thanks,

Atualizações da HubSpot
Re: Use Workflow to Update Deals - changed to: Delivered
November 08, 2018 02:36 PM

Deal-based workflows are now live and are available to Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise customers! You can set specific triggers to enroll deals into the workflow and then add actions that will update the deals' properties. Please see this article from our Knowledge Base for more information about deal-based workflows. 

4 Comentários
PatrickEng
HubSpot Employee

This would be an amazing feature and would love to hear from HubSpot if this is something being worked on. I know they've said that workflows, being contact-based, just can't update deals and only create them, but I'm hoping they can figure something out eventually.

Status atualizado para: Delivered
aseeler
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Deal-based workflows are now live and are available to Sales Hub Professional and Enterprise customers! You can set specific triggers to enroll deals into the workflow and then add actions that will update the deals' properties. Please see this article from our Knowledge Base for more information about deal-based workflows. 

laurieA
Membro | Parceiro

This is not the same thing as creating a workflow to update an existing deal. 

We have a client that needs to accociate contacts to existing deals. We can set up a workflow to create a new deal with an associated contact, but not update an exisitng one. 

Lastcar
Participante

What laurieA said.

We are in the same boat, albeit using deals for existing customers outstanding balances and collection processes.

We offer a monthly subscription service so the balance can go up depending how long it sits in arrears. The deal amount  is set when the deal is created based on the balance at the time. I'd love to be able to have it update when the new balance is pushed into hubspot from our DB.