HubSpot Ideas

Sambo

Use NEW custom behavioral event as a Workflow trigger

There is a new Behavioral Event functionality for Marketing Enterprise, and the old one is marked as a "legacy". The new one supports only Delay until event happens feature on workflows.  Knowledgebase article explains how it works, but currently, you can't use events for anything else but delays.

We want to use Behavioral Events also as a trigger – not delay. For example, when event X happens, we want a Slack notification. 

This is an important feature for especially Sales and Service, when something critical happens. Also, Marketing people can benefit from this. When notification reaches proper persons, they can serve better customers in real-time. 

48 Kommentare
mcraciun
HubSpot Employee

+1

vgupta2
Mitglied

New to Hubspot and trying to upgrade our implementation - it's shocking to me that this feature doesn't exist. 

AMarquardt
Mitglied | Elite Partner

@vgupta2 from what I can tell, you can do it, as long as you're using the "legacy" behavioral events, it's just odd that they rolled out a new feature with LESS functionality.

vgupta2
Mitglied

@AMarquardt thanks! Yup I looked into it - my challenge with legacy behavioral events is that they can't carry much data with them, so I am limited in personalization of outreach in the workflow

tomwright1982
Teilnehmer/-in

I'm guessing this must be a temporary omission since the new behavioural events are still in beta? Could the Hubspot Team provide a rough idea of what this will be available so I can plan whether to implement using legacy or the new events please?

fdorval
Mitglied

+1

BVergess
Mitglied

+1

jimthornton
Teilnehmer/-in

+1

KDupont
Teilnehmer/-in

I am very interested to know about this as well. I think this has to do with that they try to take certain triggers out of the enterprise plan. Like send webhook and other wf triggers and force you to buy the operations hub as well. 

Daniel1991
Mitglied

We also use a lot of Custom behaviour events to track our users on our web app, and it's frustarting with the lack of customization with the workflows on this. 

We want to have the ablity to have an If/Then with the trigger of a behaviour event in the last X amount of days so we know who's active or not. Right now, we have nothing that can give us this. 

JacquelineOng
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of a customer who's using custom behavioural events here:

I want to create, tasks, trigger email sequences, assign leads, update lifecycle stages based on the events which are being triggered.

TristanGray
Mitglied

Blows my mind that some fool at hubspot has removed the ability to trigger workflows based on events. What a stupid decision

CTrujillo
Mitglied

I figured that you can create 2 workflows that are the exact same, both wait for and trigger each other after stop waiting.

WF: waiting for event #1

1) Enrollment trigger: Manual, enable re-enrollment

2) Delay until the event happens. 1825 days.

3) enroll in another workflow: waiting for event #2

WF: waiting for event #2

1) Enrollment trigger: Manual, enable re-enrollment

2) Delay until the event happens. 1825 days.

3) enroll in another workflow: waiting for event #1

Opinions?

CTrujillo
Mitglied

Never mind!!!

CTrujillo_0-1632236028285.png

JLee76
Mitglied

we would love to have custom behavioral events mapped onto property fields so we can use marketing automations for this (if customer conducts action X, send email Y) 

Bausbrooks
Teilnehmer/-in

Absolutely this should be implemented. I'm really not sure why this wasn't the initial reason behind the change. 

In the meantime, I am trying to use the behaviors to reflect on contact properties. Ideally, I'd use the custom event as a trigger to increase the field by +1. 

Any ideas for workarounds?

CTrujillo
Mitglied
I created a workflow that everybody is enrolled with 256 DELAYS UNTIL EVENT IS TRIGGERED. Every time is triggered, something is happening (increase a counter, email is triggered, alert to an internal team member)

I hope we dont get to 256 before the final solution is implemented

Cnadler
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

+1 - custom behavioral events was sold as a robust feature but not being able to use it in workflows or lists is a real problem. 

derekcavaliero
Stratege/Strategin | Diamond Partner

I really don't understand how a beta of this feature was rolled out without support for use in (arguably) the most important functionality HubSpot offers (workflows and automation). Right now its just a very clunky version of something you can do much more effieciently via Google Analytics.

CTrujillo
Mitglied
not fair.... google analytics is ANONIMOUS, here we know exactly who clicks where...and there is a work around. I rather have this now and wait for the better version than nothing and waiting for the full version.