HubSpot Ideas

maximelexstart

Use Deal Properties in Forms

Hey there!

For us to be able to create forms that use Deal Properties would be amazing.

Is that something easily feasible?

Thank you.

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
April 19, 2023 07:43 AM

Hi folks, 

I'm Ian, the Product Manager for Hubspot's Forms tool. 

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently evaluating if this idea is feasible and, if so, how our team will implement it. 

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned! 

Ian

March 24, 2021 10:14 AM

Hi folks,

Support for deal properties in forms is definitely something we want to look into. But for now, we are not actively looking into building this due to other priorities. We will review this again later this year. 

Thank you!

Regards,

Sabari

Forms Product Team

Not Currently Planned
March 24, 2021 10:14 AM

174 Replies
pablogt2

This is really necessary to manage deals with clients...

What is the status on this feature?

fiberpunk
Contributor

256 votes and still "Not planned", while this is arguably very much needed. I have to use other objects to hold deal-related information, when it really should be within the deal itself, which ironically is the only thing that is unavailable. And since the deal is created by my payment integration (DepositFix), I can't even use the workaround. Please uncripple this, HubSpot!

LHolland420

This REALLY needs to happen! 

We need to capture multiple banking details for each client and this feature would be a game-changer.

When will we see an update?

klaptrap
Participant

I have given support a little kick this morning via another channel: https://twitter.com/klaptrap/status/1592137721556131840

klaptrap
Participant

And this was the response which feels to me that support took no time to research and get the facts straight.

"Hi Jonathan, It looks like our product team changed the status of this idea to 'not currently planned'. This does not mean that the idea has been abandoned but instead that they will not be able to implement it this quarter. The team might however look into it at a later date :)"

There seems to be no plans and no responsibility.

AntonioSanchez

Seriously, no update for this one?

It's quite annoying to have fields duplicated in contacts and in deals, having to use a Workflow to copy all the form-submitted properties into a deal...

JVidal7
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yes, please we need this!

It's ridiculous that you can use properties from contacts, companies, and custom objects but not from deals. 

cesarmtz
Participant

Adding this tool will make life easier and Hubspot a CRM to love for ever. Leads has different caracteristics and specifications and are different on all indistries.

Please, add this tool. 

pisces

We really really need this feature, please. Even as a paying Sales Pro member, to have to do this workaround where fields are duplicated all over the place... it just creates so much mess and leaves so much room for human error. It makes me want to switch to another provider and gets in the way of building fast, iterating, and trying something new.

PLEASE address this, Team Hubspot!

RLong8
HubSpot Employee

+1! Would be great

HCaron

@hubspot Any update on this feature? Is a must have for a CRM. 

B-Mettle

This is really essential. Based on the replies, I really hope this is something HubSpot will plan towards. Literally in the middle of creating a form and didn't expect this 😞

KatieMcCauley

How is this not something being considered? It seems necessary that we could update deals with forms. That would be an excellent feature.

SHXC

Any news here? We can of course use TypeForm for that, but I would prefer to have a native integration here in HubSpot and can't really understand why you're making the one properties (Contact, Company) available and not the others. This is really essential.

MValleskey

Its amazing that Hubspot does not have abilty to use deal properties for forms, almost every company using forms submissions to create deals. 

mattlowe

We really need this functionality, Hubspot. Please reconsider and add this to the product roadmap. 

PeterBaldwin

Hubspot, please include the ability to use forms to upload deal information. This should have been done several years ago. Thank you.

Abertranda

Wow this will be the 5th year since this feature was requested? Bummed to find out this is not a thing as a new customer 😞

SHXC

@AbertrandaI was experimenting with both TypeForm and FormCrafts to create and update deals. Typeform was a bit disappointing, the forms look great but the support is not really on top of their game and the integration doesn't seem to be stable. FormCrafts seems to be way more stable, but the forms are not as fancy looking as in Typeform. But we can live with that. Maybe it helps...

CFaulkner
Participant

@sabariman @hubspot  Are there any updates? It's been 5 years and your integration partners have figured out a means to implement this feature. Can you please priortize this for a native expierence!