HubSpot Ideas

maximelexstart

Use Deal Properties in Forms

Hey there!

For us to be able to create forms that use Deal Properties would be amazing.

Is that something easily feasible?

Thank you.

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
April 19, 2023 07:43 AM

Hi folks, 

I'm Ian, the Product Manager for Hubspot's Forms tool. 

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently evaluating if this idea is feasible and, if so, how our team will implement it. 

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned! 

Ian

March 24, 2021 10:14 AM

Hi folks,

Support for deal properties in forms is definitely something we want to look into. But for now, we are not actively looking into building this due to other priorities. We will review this again later this year. 

Thank you!

Regards,

Sabari

Forms Product Team

Not Currently Planned
March 24, 2021 10:14 AM

174 Replies
klaptrap
Participant
It's not going anywhere fast. I've even engaged with HubSpot support on
Twitter and the position remains the same. This is clearly not on their
roadmap.
Martin_87

I just want to add that it should be on their roadmap. We also would like to have this feature and I am tired of implementing workarounds... 

MValleskey
I totally agree the workflows I have to develop to copy data from company or contact properties takes up so much time, and also they always do not work especially when you have a contact that may fill out multiple forms, as it cant update the deal property field if the contact field changes, as it does not know how to associate to the right deal, as you may have customers that are involved with multiple deals. But I do not think that HubSpot development looks at any of these, it falls on deaf ears, as there are hundreds of basic needed requests that are years old. If we were not so invested into HubSpot, we would move to a different platform like Sharp Spring.
BeyondtheShort

This would be hugely helpful. Instead of needing to map and pay for Zapier and a form collection tool with payment processing, I would simply upgrade my Hubspot plan, use their form and payment procesing and not need to rely on two other tools. 

I have a film festival site and ask for information about their film which I then map over to a deal. Since people can and do submit multiple films, having redundnat Contact fields doesn't make sense. 

None of the solutions provided here make any sense when you can just have the option on the form itself. 

shammond-hammfg

This would be really helpful!

SilverBoxAgency

My theory? They're not doing this simple fix because it forces people to subscribe to marketing pro so that we have to use automation to make the deals. It's a strategic monetary decision. Clearly there's more than enough need and support for this, but they aren't doing it because of greed.

I am SO tired of having to copy properties from record to record just to do the job that the developers at HubSpot should be doing.

It's becoming more exhausting with every client that needs forms to generate deals, which is every single one of my clients.

JustineGP
Contributor | Platinum Partner

This is a long overdue update. Since we can have tickets properties in deals, we should get deal properties in deal. Right now the workaround to copy contacts or companies properties to deals with a workflow is exactly that : a workaround. We should be able to see the form directly in the deal. 

katiebroyles
Participant

Dang, this was posted in 2018? I was going to remake the same post now for 2023! Would love to see this be a feature, especially when helping with automation of deal pipelines in regards to services.

CFaulkner
Participant

I tried that, and was asked to keep it in the older thread.

JBurmeister

is hier something going on? I think it is very important for my workflow. Wenn I read the answers, there is great need and I red somewhere, you are working on it

JOviedo9

This conversation's been since 2019, so for a tool that is supposed to help scale businesses, this is a MUST. I'm in the process of automating my sales pipeline and I bump into this HUGE problem for my operation. So I have to duplicate properties and then create workflows to update these fields, a lot of room for error, especially when one has complex operations. Please make this a priority. If this has no solution in the near future you will start losing clients. I'm already looking for other options in the market. Any recommendations in this community? Thanks

CP22
Member | Diamond Partner

This is definitely needed soon! A lot of our clients want deals created as soon as a form is submitted so currently we have to copy contact or company properties into deal properties as a workaround. But over time, that can make HubSpot maintenance a lot more work to manage all the "copy property" workflows.

MValleskey

We need this feature ASAP, the workaround by creating dup-licate contact fields, and wrting workflows does not work, as when the same person may come in to register mutiple deals (such as a partner), ithe workflow will fail, and or change the regiering partners record, and all other deals they register before. There has been radio silence on this from Hubspot, which is a basic feature in all other CRMs. We inherdited HubSpot, and and if we had not invested so much into it, I would move to another system. I will push our managamnt team to move off when our renewal comes up again. 

HarborBecky
Participant

Surprised this isn't a function yet! Much needed! 

aBastarrachea

Hey, the last time this was reviewed and backlogged, it was 2 years ago - any luck for this year? It would be truly powerful to be able to leverage some deal properties within forms.

Tnt

This was going to be reviewed last year... any news on this?

ABaer

Hi all,

I also would love to use this feature! 

Let´s hope we get enough votes!

Andreas

BMeling

I really hope this comes through. Having forms that could then transfer information to/generate Deals would be extremely beneficial to both us and our customers.

IMcDonald
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks, 

I'm Ian, the Product Manager for Hubspot's Forms tool. 

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this idea. We hear you loud and clear, and we agree that this functionality is important. We are currently evaluating if this idea is feasible and, if so, how our team will implement it. 

Any news about this feature request will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned! 

Ian

klaptrap
Participant

This is great news Ian and I am sure I speak for the community that we are delighted.

Jon