HubSpot Ideas

maximelexstart

Use Deal Properties in Forms

Hey there!

For us to be able to create forms that use Deal Properties would be amazing.

Is that something easily feasible?

Thank you.

HubSpot Updates
March 24, 2021 10:14 AM

Hi folks,

Support for deal properties in forms is definitely something we want to look into. But for now, we are not actively looking into building this due to other priorities. We will review this again later this year. 

Thank you!

Regards,

Sabari

Forms Product Team

Not Currently Planned
March 24, 2021 10:14 AM

65 Replies
TWaitt

I have to add my support for this as well. I am perplexed why this isn't a standard feature? Wouldn't the main purpose of a webiste form to be create a deal? Or am I using forms in the wrong way???

tmcginnis
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

@TWaitt -

Not in most cases. Contact Form or offer downloads should not create a deal upon submission. Only bottom-funnel forms for things like Request a Quote or Schedule a Demo should create a Deal for each submission, but only if the request is creating a new Opportunity in HubSpot instead of an SQL for the sales team to first qualify if it's even ready for a new Deal.

But having the option to create a new deal for each submission would be great instead of using a workflow to map contact properties to Deal properties.

_BF_
Participant

Originally started in 2018, and still nothing almost 4 years later!

Urgh!

How I want to use it - 

Once the customer is qualified, I want to be able to send them a form (lets keep it basic for now) that has all the particulars for the individual DEAL. 

ie, PO number, delivery address etc.

IN my case, the delivery address are not always the same, as they send to 3rd parties etc - so for all intensive purposes, they're 'unqiue' for each deal. 

urgh. so much double handling of data!

FKohistani

@SabariRam is this currently in the works? Any updates for this?

KSmith211

Absolutely crazy that after 4 years they haven't done this yet. INSANE.