HubSpot Ideas

maximelexstart

Use Deal Properties in Forms

Hey there!

For us to be able to create forms that use Deal Properties would be amazing.

Is that something easily feasible?

Thank you.

174 Comentários
fiberpunk
Colaborador(a)

This need to gain some traction, you can add custom object properties at this point, so why not deal properties?

TWaitt
Membro

I have to add my support for this as well. I am perplexed why this isn't a standard feature? Wouldn't the main purpose of a webiste form to be create a deal? Or am I using forms in the wrong way???

tmcginnis
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

@TWaitt -

Not in most cases. Contact Form or offer downloads should not create a deal upon submission. Only bottom-funnel forms for things like Request a Quote or Schedule a Demo should create a Deal for each submission, but only if the request is creating a new Opportunity in HubSpot instead of an SQL for the sales team to first qualify if it's even ready for a new Deal.

But having the option to create a new deal for each submission would be great instead of using a workflow to map contact properties to Deal properties.

_BF_
Participante

Originally started in 2018, and still nothing almost 4 years later!

Urgh!

How I want to use it - 

Once the customer is qualified, I want to be able to send them a form (lets keep it basic for now) that has all the particulars for the individual DEAL. 

ie, PO number, delivery address etc.

IN my case, the delivery address are not always the same, as they send to 3rd parties etc - so for all intensive purposes, they're 'unqiue' for each deal. 

urgh. so much double handling of data!

DLeary
Membro

I'm surprised that this hasn't been completed yet since I see threads going back 4 years with dozens of users besides myself that are very frustrated that Deal properties are not available for use in forms.  Seems like an easy fix for Hubspot, so I'm not understanding why they are not doing this. 

Hubspot:  Please allow Deal Properties in Forms

FKohistani
Membro

@SabariRam is this currently in the works? Any updates for this?

SilverBoxAgency
Membro

Absolutely crazy that after 4 years they haven't done this yet. INSANE.

klaptrap
Participante

Latest from 18.08.2022 is that this idea is still in the fridge and the circumvention is to have the properties on the company object and migrate them to the deal object using a workflow. It's a shame as IRL - deal properties are not always consistent with or static as company properties.

AVChrista
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Elite

@klaptrap I agree, that is not ideal as most of the time it is contact properties that are more closely aligned to deals than company properties. I guess I'll have to keep finding workaround options until this becomes a reality. Thanks for the update!

MHughesRL
Membro

We have found  a workaround thanks to getting lucky with Hubspot Livechat (which I have to say, is perhaps the best livechat service I've used). A couple of people didn't solve it a while back, but the person I got to this time (chap called Mark) did.

1. Create a duplicate Contact Property the same as your Deal Property
  2. When you set up a Workflow on form submission - have that create a Deal
  3. Then click "Add more properties" - where you can copy the Contact Property from the form to the Deal Property
  4. Screenshot example below - this has totally sorted us.

MHughesRL_0-1660845481901.png

SilverBoxAgency
Membro

Yeah I feel like most here know of that workaround, but it doesn't fix the problem, just adds additional workflow complications and potential overwrites if more than one "form" is submitted to another workflow with the same properties and before the workflow is able to "clear" each of those properties for use again.

Hubspot used to be about innovation, speed to market, and ultimately giving marketers the ability to be a "developer" without having to develop anything within the system.

Now they're too focused on gadgetry and hoopla and are leaving things like this that has 4 pages of responses on the table after FOUR years.

I know for a fact that it isn't difficult to do, it's literally copy/pasting the tables from contact to deal and allowing deal properties to map to the form as well.

But, I digress. This lack of true response from HUBS is exactly why I've stopped being a partner with them. And precisely why their stock prices have gone from $800 to just $340 in 7 months. People just don't believe like they used to.

klaptrap
Participante

Thanks for sharing

CDouglas4
Membro

Big upvote for this functionality.

We utilise forms from our internal sales team to submit research requests to a secondary business unit (Research BU). These requests come towards the bottom of our sales funnel, directly before creation of contract to close out deal and the ability to pull deal info directly is a key aspect of these forms. 

The extra custom contact properties needed to match the deal properties and the prop-copy workflow workaround lead to a large source of frustration and contributes to unnecessary messy data and extraneous workflows that clog up a folder system that isn't as advanced as it also might be.

This also directly relates to the Idea post RE: HubSpot Owner as a Field Option -https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Forms-HubSpot-Owner-as-a-Field-Option/idc-p/683721#M1...

These seem like very low input opportunities for the HS Dev & Mngmnt team to increase customer satisfaction and grant flexibility for useage of tools outside of their initial scope. 

I would hope the HS teams have evolved and will acknowledge the different needs of business for their variety of tools.

JB1
Membro | Parceiro Ouro
Membro | Parceiro Ouro
Completely agree. The workaround is just that and a solution would be much appreciated by many companies.
AGASSAMA
Membro

Hello, 

JRoyle
Participante

Is there any update to this? It has been well over a year and this would be super helpful

BSong
HubSpot Employee

Agree to this, it would greatly help in creating deal-order forms which is important for growing e-commerce business and the like. Hoping to see this feaure soon!

MTimm1
Membro

Is this on the roadmap now? It seems like a reasonable leap to be able to use forms for any object type we choose; if contacts, companies, and custom objects, why not deals? This would be a much-needed feature for our business and I'm sure plenty of others. 

MTimm1
Membro

I'm surprised this is still not on the roadmap. It seems that the community has been asking for forms to include deal fields for several years, is there any update on when this can be expected?

SLaing
Membro

Is there any update on this feature?