HubSpot Ideas

maximelexstart

Use Deal Properties in Forms

Hey there!

For us to be able to create forms that use Deal Properties would be amazing.

Is that something easily feasible?

Thank you.

174 Replies
HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

This would be a great addition! Upvote

allyg
Participant

I agree that this would be very helpful.

We are trying to find any way to create "Activity" on a record without updating Contact properties, and thought to create a Deal for each unique form instead, but would need to be able to update Deal properties without messing with the Contact or Company records. 

Jon_Sasala
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi @kristingiant, Thanks for your DM. I would be happy to explain how we use form s submissions to update deals.

First, I want to describe the basic step of letting a form create a deal. If you do not have Sales Pro, sales automation like letting a form create a deal is not available. The workaround here is simple:

In Zapier, a form submission can be used as a trigger. This is found as a "Hubspot" trigger. Zapier then has a "HubSpot CRM" action called Create Deal. You can simply map the form submission information to the appropriate deal property. You will need to have redundant Contact and Deal Properties so these can map over perfectly.

Now, the slightly more complicated task of updating an existing deal when a form is submitted: Every deal has a Deal ID. By adding a new hidden field on your form called "Deal ID" and including "?deal_id=123456" in the URL, the deal id gets automatically passed through on the form submission without the user having to add it. 

Instead of asking the user to update their account here www.domain.com/more-info, the link you would send them is www.domain.com/more-info?deal_id=123456 

Then, in Zapier, you can use the Update a Deal action found under "HubSpot CRM" and you are looking up the deal with the Deal ID.

Now the challenge of getting 12345 to actually represent the Deal ID sent to a contact. You can use the HubL token {{ contact.deal_id }} if this is sent via a contact-based workflow or {{ deal.hs_object_id }} if this is sent via a deal-based workflow. www.domain.com/more-info?deal_id={{ contact.deal_id }}. You will need to ensure there is a workflow that maps the Deal ID back to the contact associated with the deal.

I hope that answers your question. If you were just trying to use a form for internal purposes to update deals the process is a little simpler. You just don't need to hide the Deal ID form field and don't need to worry about the HubL token part of getting the Deal ID in the url.

Cool?

jmliffrig
Participant

This needs to happen - please!

KylieMar
Participant

@tmcginnis 

Yes, creating forms that use non-contact properties would be nice, but since we can map those fields over already, I don't see much of a reason to do so honestly. 

Copying data from 1 place to another just creates future issues with correct data. If I at any stage need to update the field, and I only update it in the deal section then the contact section may be forgotten about (or vise versa). If i ever needed that information again at a later stage I am now confused as to which data is correct. Having a singular field with the correct information being pulled from a single source is actually critical in business. Copying and Pasting and having 2 fields in different sections that wont auto update each other  is in no way aceptable business practice. 

Conspectus1
Participant

This is also very important to my project. We need to be able to pre-populate the form with Deal Properties because there are multiple deals per contact.  Being able to use deal properties in forms in the sales pro edition seems to be a critical function. I look forward to seeing this happen. 

srpetit

This would make HubSpot 100% more useful for me and my team. Please let me know when this has been updated so that we can have a deals form on our website. 

Thanks!

adko

YES PLEASE!

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

I wanted to give a quick update on this Idea. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post - they really help us build a better product.

This is a very good idea and definitely something we've been looking at building for a longer while. I'm happy to say our teams are currently actively working on adding this feature to Hubspot.

I am changing the status of this idea to In Planning as our teams are working on a plan to build and release this feature. As the work on this feature progresses, we'll be regularly updating the status of this post.

Best!
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager

ErinHertz

This would be incredible! Our business is in the wedding industry and we use deals as a booking for an event, or for an individual wedding service (photography, dj, etc.). There are a lot of properties that are unique to each type of deal. We are quickly running out of room for custom properties because of the need to "copy" over properties into deal properties. We have SO many use cases for using a form with deal properties instead of contact properties. 

fecolaco

SO NEEDED! When can we expect this update? this would be life changing!

veronicagonz

Hello, 

We have the same problem. We have multiple deals associated to a contact. Is there a tentative date for this feature to be released?

Thank you!

cristinab
Participant

I think that would work for our business as well.

We'd like to automate the process of the deals creation when a user submits non-hubspot forms (built with Wordpress Elementor).

Do you have any information about the date when the feature will be released?

Thanks!

@Joe 

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

@JoeMayall Are there any updates on the status?

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi folks, 

I've updated this thread's status to better reflect the current state of our development. When it comes to deal properties in forms, our Product team is currently exploring how it could be built with the HubSpot framework. At this time, we're not actively developing this feature, but rather testing how it would work within the larger HubSpot product.

We do currently have a beta for company form fields. You can learn more about that here.

I know this isn't what some of you wanted to hear, and I apologize for any confusion. All future developments will be relayed through this thread, so stay tuned for more.

Best,

Joe Mayall

Ideas Forum Manager

Jon_Sasala
Top Contributor | Diamond Partner

Thanks for the update @JoeMayall .

As a longs shot alternative, you can use ticket properties in forms which might be a workaround. You would obviously need to be using the ticket pipelines rather than deal pipeline, and there are some significant shortcomings. One feature tickets do not provide is the reporting and forecasting associated with deal amounts. Another issue you may have is the inability to control the ticket title with personalization tokens. Worth taking a look though.

LR4

When creating a form it only allows you to use Contact properties, but we needed to fill information directly into the Deals properties.

Suggestion from your support team was to create a workflow to create a deal record and clone the properties from the contact record once the form has been submitted, but it would make too many steps.

We kindly ask you to please enable to use deals properties in the forms to input data directly in there.

Thanks

JSimone9

Following!

SabariRam
HubSpot Product Team

SabariRam
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

Support for deal properties in forms is definitely something we want to look into. But for now, we are not actively looking into building this due to other priorities. We will review this again later this year. 

Thank you!

Regards,

Sabari

Forms Product Team