HubSpot Ideas

maximelexstart

Use Deal Properties in Forms

Hey there!

For us to be able to create forms that use Deal Properties would be amazing.

Is that something easily feasible?

Thank you.

174 Commentaires
tmcginnis
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Elite

We can use a workflow right now to create a deal in the CRM, but many times the data we use for the Deal Properties has been submitted already in a website form. Therefore, users have to go into the CRM and manually copy/past the form submissions into the Deal Properties.

It would be great to automate that form submission process and map the fields to Deal Properties for a new Deal in the CRM and then name the Deal accordingly.

dlawrence
Membre

Utilizing contact form submissions to automatically create deals in HubSpot CRM would be a very useful feature.

lizyork
Participant

This would be incredibly useful and it is the number one request I receive from my sales pro users for the team I manage. Unfortantely, this was a feature of their last CRM and is a feature of many others I have reserached. We moved to HubSpot and honestly thought this would be a feature. It is dissappointing we now have extra work to do by hand, but appreciate HubSpot's recognition of this as a necessary feature in the near future. Thanks!

tmcginnis

This is actually possible now! You can create a new Deal through a workflow and populate the Deal properties with Contact Properties.

Just use a form submission as the starting criteria for the workflow and then create a new Deal and populate the Deal properties with the properties from the form submission.

Since workflows are contact-based, the deal will automatically be assigned to the contact who submitted the form.

PatrickEng
HubSpot Employee

This would be an awesome feature to have. Seems pretty crazy that it's not possible to automatically transfer the information submitted in a form to a deal associated with it

Would love if HubSpot made this an option!

tmcginnis

@PatrickEng- this has been available for a while now. You can copy Contact Properties into Deal Properties from a Workflow. Just click either of the two blue  buttons at the bottom the Create a Deal action from a workflow to Set a Deal property or Copy a Contact Property to a Deal Property.

You do this as many times as you need to get the information from a form transposed into Deal properties in a workflow.

Capture.JPG

PatrickEng
HubSpot Employee

@tmcginnis,

This is exactly it, can't believe I missed the giant blue button. Thanks!

tmcginnis

@PatrickEng- no problem. Happy to help! 🙂

maximelexstart
Membre

@tmcginnis I feel like my idea is close to yours, but unsure now.

I simply wanted to be able to create forms to collect deal properties. The "copy contact properties" to "deal properties" is smart. But what about your screencapture of a "Create a deal"? Is it real?

This is my view:

Capture d’écran 2018-09-21 à 15.23.13.png

I don't have your big blue buttons 😞

Thanks so much in advance for your reply,

Maxime.

tmcginnis

Hi @maximelexstart -

The screenshot I posted was the workflow action to "Create a Deal"

The one you posted looks like the form you see when manualy creating a Deal from the Deals Dashboard.

Thanks!

maximelexstart
Membre

Hey @tmcginnis,

Thanks for your fast reply! Ok just had a look, I see now.

This is not what I'm exactly looking for then, so I've just published my idea here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Use-Deal-Properties-in-Forms/idi-p/208361

Would that be of any interest for you?

Cheers,

Maxime.

tmcginnis

@maximelexstart-

Glad you figured it out.

Yes, creating forms that use non-contact properties would be nice, but since we can map those fields over already, I don't see much of a reason to do so honestly. But, I did upvote your idea though 😉

Thanks.

JesseTOA
Membre

Hey @tmcginnis

Any idea if a similar process exists to update already existing deals rather than creating a new one. This would solve my life atm.

Jesse

tmcginnis

@JesseTOA- doubtful. It might be possible with the new Deals Workflow once they're out of beta testing.

myrnarroyo
Participant | Partenaire solutions

This would be amazing. I want to be able to send a form to the customer to update the fields and store the information as part of the deal record. Since each customer has multiple deals, I want the information to be stored in each deal, not in the contact record.

Jon_Sasala
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Diamond

The ability to create a deal when a form is submitted requires the deal properties have a counter contact property. For example, if we have a deal property called Property Location, there needs to be a contact property called Property Location that can be used in the form and can be mapped to the deal with a workflow. 

We have about 100 deal properties that we would like to be submitted on a form. This has required that we also create 100 contact properties and use this workflow to map them. The ability for forms to directly populate Deal Properties would be a better route with less room for error. 

If you would also find Deal Forms helpful please upvote this idea here. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Use-Deal-Properties-in-Forms/idi-p/208361

Jon_Sasala
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Plus 1

We have 100+ deal properties that needs to be updated with a form. Our workaround is making redundant Contact Properties and using Zapier to map the form submissions back to the deal. But there is a lot of room for error.

Forms that create or update deals would be ideal.

tmcginnis

This and Company Forms too!

Both (Deals & Companies) require creating contact properites just to use in the form and map them over to the corresponding Deal/Company property via a Workflow upon form submission.

This creates a messy interface with tons of liablity for errors.

daxdavis
Membre

I agree this would be great.  I don't like having to duplicate properties.

jehlen
Participant

This is extremely important and so needed! I was considering adding the redundant contact properties also, then I realized that I have a few contacts who are attached to multiple deals with separate companies. If they filled out the form twice that could get really messy.