HubSpot Ideas

amandafann

Usage stats/view history for Reports and Dashboards

As a Hubspot Admin, I would like to be able to access the view history and stats on the usage of our dashboards to gain insight on which users are actively using/accessing which dashboards.

Format could be similar to the Dashboard "Activity Log," with a list of user names and time stamp for when it was viewed.  Then there could also be a column/data point in the "All Dashboards" view for "Last Viewed" with user name and timestamp, like the "Last Updated" column, so that you can sort by the most recently viewed dashboards. 

My Use Case:

When I joined my organization and took over as Hubspot admin on the existing account, we were near our max number of dashboards. They had been created by various users, past admins and agencies over the years. I could see when they had last been updated, but had no way to confirm (in Hubspot) which ones were actively referenced by the team and leadership on a regular basis.  Many were created and then forgotten and therefore needed to be deleted.  Worse, I came across reports that were inaccurate, using the wrong properties or missing filters, and needed to prioritze auditing and updating them for accuracy. Overall, having usage stats on which users are accessing which Dashboards and Reports would help admins make data-driven decisions on managing the tool.

Additional Use Case: When you reach the max number of dashboards (25 for professional; 50 for enterprise), be able to make a data-driven decision and business case to either:

1) delete dashboards to stay within the max allowed (and know which dashboards, especially those owned by others, based on data that hey haven't been accessed in X amount of time);

OR

2) upgrade to the Reporting Add-On to increase the number of dashboards because you have the data to support that you need them.

I'm sure the Community can think of additional use cases for dashboard usage stats.

Thanks for considering!

16 Replies
DarrenScottUK
Contributor

I was just about to log this myself, this would be idel as we want to see how engaged our teams are with the reports we have spent time developing and link results to thiose who are or are not using the dashboards to help wwith coaching. 

mel-asp

We are regularly reaching our reporting limit, because colleagues aren't deleting their old reports and dashboards that they no longer need. It is difficult for admins to determine, which ones are still in use or being looked at when attempting to clean up. The "last updated" information helps somewhat, but it would be more helpful to know, when a dashboard or report was actually last viewed and by whom.

MJay

We're having the same issue with the limits and being able to sort for such info would be highly welcomed

KMcReynolds
Participant

I love both of the use cases below but I'd like to add another feature to monitoring reports as well. Like we know how many reports are included in Dashboards; it would be nice to know how many reports are setup on email schedules. And how often the report is emailed (daily, weekly, monthly) 

amandafann
Contributor

+1 for adding the use case from @KMcReynolds for monitoring emailed reports o this request.  

InmaIID

+1 for adding this functionality into HubSpot.
This will help any company to monitor if the report/dashboard request are really being used, as sometime you can come across request which after a while they are not used at all or just once in a while. This will allow an admin or person in charge of reporting to have more control/visibility on what people use.

danielganoza
Contributor

excellent idea especially for what they mention before, having creation limits; we need to know who uses it and how much

RGastaneta

+1 completelly agree. More dashboards needed.

RiccardoPisani
Top Contributor

+1

EPopadyniec
Participant

+1 This would make my project so much easier!

@KMcReynolds, I agree with your suggestion; email schedules could throw the numbers out if sent to deactivated users, as this would most likely classify that report as "used." A list of users who receive those reports would enhance the CX and reports monitoring. 

KShikata

+1 completelly agree.

RChappel

+1 We also see dashboard proliferation and would love to see which ones no one views anymore.

KAbel
Participant

Yes - this would be so helpful! Hard to know what no one is looking at or utilizing

RM88

Yes this would be helpful. It was also be helpful to see when sharing dashboards/reports by email if the emails have been delivered/opened by users

MrBean
Top Contributor

yeah +1. 

100% cool feature. I want to internally understand how dashboards are being used, by who, and how often. 

Would be need to see a plot over time as well. 

thank you hubspot in advance for this community!

TDeKoninck

up +1

Same issue here! Having 50 already, but reaching the limit