HubSpot Ideas

BZimmermann

Upload Propertys as attachment not hyperlink (on contact level for example)

If you create a file upload property and use it in a form (as a contact property in a contact form), files are not saved as attachments, unlike in a ticket form, but as a link to the attachment.

On the one hand, this is very confusing when there are several files (since theire are a lot of links then in the property) and on the other hand, the link is overwritten when the form is submitted again.

I think it should be handled like in a ticket form and the file upload should be linked as an attachment in the contact data record.

2 Replies
Rapham83
Member | Diamond Partner

I aggree. Would be very helpful. It is also confusing to have attachements in two different places (properties & attachement section).

Jasper_Madrone
Participant

Hey so I read through your idea here and other forum posts and I created an app that can help with this problem. I am currently working on getting it listed on the marketplace, but I allow for a 14 day free trial if you install it directly from my website. You can find it here.

Features 3 workflow actions:

• Attach a file uploaded from a form as an attachment to the same object
  • Attach a file uploaded from a form as an attachment to associated objects
  • Copy all attachments from one object to another

This should hopefully solve a lot of challenges presented in this thread. The app works across all objects, as well as custom objects. I am definitely looking for some feedback to make sure I am solving the right problem too, so I would greatly appreciate any and all feedback or additional feature requests.