HubSpot Ideas

Gabrielucc

Upgrade Hubspot Jquery version

Hi,

I designed a website in html with some animations and I used 3.3 jquery version (the last one, as usual) and when I uploaded the site to hubspot I found out that it was useless because hubspot only use a 1.1 or 1.7 Jquery version from 2014.

Do anyone knows how to sort this problem?

7 Replies
andrewabogado
Contributor

The exact words from Zack (Hubspot staff).

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question regarding the ability to upgrade the version of jQuery used within HubSpot.

At this time, this is not a functionality that HubSpot currently offers directly within the UI. That being said, you should be able to add this manually by attaching it as a separate JavaScript file within HubSpot, or referencing the version of interest from jQuery's CDN within your site <head> or footer HTML.

Hope this helps. 

- Andrew

VictoriaGumaer
HubSpot Product Team

We have recently launched a new setting to allow users to disable HubSpot's included jQuery library on their CMS pages, allowing developers to bring their own versions or use none at all.

andrewabogado
Contributor

@VictoriaGumaer This is great news. When is this settings schedule to go out? Possible to point the settings page where we can disable jQuery library. I can't seem to find it. Please check the below screenshot.

Screenshot 2019-09-25 at 11.01.36 AM.png

Thanks for the update.

ktwelsh
Participant

@VictoriaGumaer Same question: where is this magical new setting that allows us to disable Hubspot's automatcially included jQuery library? Can anyone point us to it?

VictoriaGumaer
HubSpot Product Team

@ktwelsh and @andrewabogado ,

It is in the same area as the screen shot listed but individual accounts need to be ungated for it at this time.  If you send me a note with your account IDs I can add you to the gate list so you can play around with it.

Best Regards,

Victoria

andrewabogado
Contributor

Thanks for bumping up @ktwelsh.

@VictoriaGumaer, I've sent you a private message. Thanks.

VictoriaGumaer
HubSpot Product Team

The option to disable HubSpot's included version of jQuery is now live.  This option is available under the HubSpot Settings Cog > Website > Pages path and is located with the other jQuery options.  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/cos-general/how-do-i-select-which-version-of-jquery-is-included-across...