HubSpot Ideas

rnbronstein

Updates for developers?

HubSpot is an important part of our marketing workflow and so HubSpot elements are used across our sites. As a developer, it's frustrating when HS makes changes to embedded elements without notifying users. This means that parts of our site break and we have no way of knowing until they've already broken.

We're working on switching to hardcoded forms that post to HubSpot's API because, in truth, my team is frustrated. That means that we won't collect impressions on forms; additionally, there's no API support for developers so we're referred to the forums when we find issues. As customers, we shouldn't need to hack our way to the desired product.

Is there any way my team can stay up to date on changes in HS embedded elements? (Not new feature rollouts -- just changes to form behavior, element naming, styling, etc.) And is HS considering adding developer support going forward?

3 Replies
rnbronstein

Any update here? I was told by the CS representative I was in touch with that this would be the place to get further information on this issue. I assumed I'd hear from someone with HubSpot, but I guess not?

Jon_McLaren
Top Contributor | Platinum Partner

I've found they don't seem to be active on this forum but they sure like to push people to it...

it kinda bites.

The other part that sucks is this is really focused on the marketers and not the developers, so developer suggestions likely just get ignored for the most part.

HubSpot does actually have an API, though I don't know that it would allow you to do what you need to do with the forms.

kleonard
HubSpot Product Team