HubSpot Ideas

OHerrscher

Update associated labels by workflows in pipelines

1. Who: Sales, Service and Marketing - using pipelines in whatever way

2. Goal: Need ist the following: We are using the new functionality "associated labels" for companies, contacts, deals and tickets. Very smart. There is a little functionality  missing. It should be possible to set the label value by automation workflow - related to the pipeline. So that I can update this value by setting this in a workflow. Creates a lot of benefits and possibilities to use theese labels in processes.

3. Value: Create a better view on specific processes and be in the position to have different open  ticktes in different ticket pipes associated with one deal

11 Replies
MStewart76
Contributor

Exactly, so I can associate labels to objects automatically. Ex. new deal created, assign 'most recent deal' association label through automation.

LY
Contributor

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Community-Blog/HubSpot-Associations-New-and-Improved/ba-p/4...

This HubSpot Community blog post might have something to meet this need. Look at the Resources section at the very end about an integration called associ8 by Aptitude 8. It has a free version that looks like it might do what you're asking about.

OHerrscher

Hi LY,

unfortunately I can not access your link - I do not have access to that account. Is there any way to get the related information?

BR

LY
Contributor

Hi I edited the original post to have a different link.

OHerrscher

Hi Ly,

Thanks for updating. I will have a look at this 🙂

FMaher
Contributor

I want to be able to add 'partner' association labels to contacts and companies associated to a deal from partner companies. Right now I have to rely on staff to remember to add the label, and I spend at least an hour every week going through all the deals and making sure the labels are on there. I can't even run a report to check the labels are on - I need to manually check each deal individually. The reason we need to the label is to prevent other workflows using data from or populating a partner company with client data. This functionality would save me heaps of time.

LSaffer

I would like a workflow to automatically label associations between tickets and contacts.

I would also like to be able to report on tickets that do not have an associated contact with a particular label.  

NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner

Hi @OHerrscher @LSaffer @FMaher @LY @MStewart76 

Would you be willing to upvote this idea of adding association labels to objects using automation rather than manually? 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Set-Association-Labels-On-Records-via-a-Workflow/idi-...

I'd love to get as much traction as possible on this idea as it seems to be a real issue for clients to update associations manually.

LY
Contributor

@NicoleSengers 

Upvoted!

kasiabf
Participant

This would be very useful if we could automate association tags to help sync with other tools. We create deals in Hubspot and sync them to salesforce at the point of SAL. We need the association tag populated to ensure that the contact associated to the deal also associates to the opportunity in salesforce. Without the ability to automate we need to remember to add this manually every time so it creates a risk that deal information doesn't sync up correctly

JHagedooren
Participant

We need to be able to set an association label via automation based on a contact property.

For example contact has property is admin yes so should get association admin for linked deal