HubSpot Ideas

monmc

Update a Meeting description without sending update

When I book a meeting through meetings or in my google calendar, it shows up on the person't Hubspot profile. After the meeting takes place I want to go back and add notes to that meeting. If I do this, I have to save and send updates to everyone. 

To get around this I end up logging the meeting seperately, and it's duplicated on their profile.  Please make it so I can edit past meeting without updating everyone!

69 Commentaires
slepoidevin
Contributeur

Agreed!! We've had so many reps add in notes after a meeting into the description box not knowing it will get sent to the customer. Not a good look. 

christa
Contributeur

The reporting factor in all of this isn't clear either. Because you cannot add notes to a meeting, I have had reps log a call related to a meeting they held simply to capture the notes of the 'meeting'. Doing this throws off the 'number of times contacted' because it will count both the call and meeting (which in this case is the same contact time). Obviously, all engagement reporting is off when this type of entry is being done. I would be a huge improvement to make this more intuitive for users.

It isn't clear to the average rep that this duplication happens in reporting especially due to the Hubspot sales training not including the best practice approach for documenting engagements.

LenForsyth
Membre

I certainly hope we are being heard, this idea was posted nearly three years ago when is this going to be fixed?

Anonymous
Non applicable

Hi everyone! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Our team is currently working on a design for having a separate meeting notes field that will not send an update to customers or sync with the calendar invite for those using the bidirectional calendar sync with Gcal or Outlook.

The team recently made an update so that changes to the meeting outcome or type can be made without triggering an update to attendees.

MonikaS
Contributeur

Awesome, thanks!

ChaosFreak
Contributeur

While you're creating the private note feature, it would be EXTREMELY useful if you could also add a "No Show" checkbox. We use the HubSpot meeting scheduler link to allow prospects to schedule calls with our sales team, and the no-show rate is around 40%. We'd like to keep track of these no-shows by checking a box on the meeting activity that says "Customer did not show" or "No show" or something like that.

Thanks!

MonikaS
Contributeur

We actually use Type of meeting to track no-shows.

TBJ1624
Membre

The fact that the function to add notes after a meeting to the Meeting link Without! these notes being sent to the meeting participant is the clearest indication yet that HubSpot as a CRM was created by Marketing professionals who cant comprehend why this would be so crucial for any sales team to be efficient with regard to reporting? Come on HubSpot, get your act together??

slepoidevin
Contributeur

Not sure if this is still in beta, but Hubspot meetings now have a "Meeting Outcome" feature with a "No Show" option which seems to solve what you're describing.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 5.51.51 PM.png

ChaosFreak
Contributeur

Yeah, using that now, thanks! I just hope it doesn't send any kind of notification to the other attendees...

TBJ1624
Membre

Hi Slepoidevin,

Unfortunately this doesn't solve the issue, this will allow you to report on meeting "No Shows" as in they didn't turn up, which is handy to have as an option for a meeting type however this still doesn't allow meeting notes to be added directly to the meeting link without also sending these notes to the person who the meeting was with.

slepoidevin
Contributeur

Ah yes - I was responding to the more recent comments on no shows. Updating the meeting outcome does not update all the attendees, thankfully!

There actually IS a way in Hubspot to add a comment to a meeting record without alerting everyone (click add comment at the bottom) and this is how we've solved for this.

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 6.14.43 PM.png

However, it is not super intuitive so sometimes we have reps that will unknowingly add their comments to the meeting invite body (not good!) so I think some kind of warning to reps that the meeting body will be sent to all attendees is still needed.

TBJ1624
Membre

Hi Slepoidevin,

Thank you, I agree bit of a concern but certainly better than loggin notes etc whci hwas the suggestion from HS, Thank You for your help!

bdlarson79
Participant

Yeah i'm SO upeset that there is such little clarity on the difference between Log meeting and meeting. This is just insane! I just now noticed this and I believe that our entire sales team for months could have been sharing call notes with customers without even noticing it!!!

charmcgov
Participant

Looking forward to having this as a feature HubSpot!

reasonover
Membre

+1 - Need to have the ability to go in the meeting record, record the meeting notes, and not send meeting notes to attendees post meeting.

cricciuti
Membre

I 100% agree with this. Unfortunately, I only realized after I send a private internal note to an investor. 

Anonymous
Non applicable

Hi everyone! Today we are launching a new property on meeting activity called "Team notes". This will allow you to take notes on your meeting without sending updates to other attendees. If you would be interested in being added to the Beta, feel free to send me a direct message with your organizations's Hub ID and I can have your portal added.

Meeting creator with Team notes:

Team notes - Meeting creationTeam notes - Meeting creation

Meeting editor with Team notes:

Team notes - Meeting editorTeam notes - Meeting editor

InsightP
Participant

Excellent news to see the Team Notes feature now in beta! Thank you for this potential solution.

CVerbost
Membre

Definitely need the ability to Save and NOT send updates.

Adding meeting notes after a meeting ends is a super logical thing to do in the CRM. But it should be possible to do so without triggering an update to the customer.  

Really a shame that this feature request did not get picked up yet.