Olá! Nós temos uma Comunidade em Português!

Update/Overwrite/Append Data Options for Contact Property Fields

Basically for each property I want 3 options to choose from:
1) Update value if blank
2) Append to value
3) Overwrite value

Sample use case(s):
Append Option: Notes Field
I have a comments field on my contact form where someone sends us a query. If that contact later submits another query I don't want to lose the previous info from my records. I want to see the new information appended to that field.  (Can't keep creating new properties and using smart properties). 

Overwrite Option 
Standard as happens curently with most fields, if a contact enters a new phone number it overrides the previous data to keep it updated with the latest information.

Update if Blank option - Lead Source
When a lead comes in, I assign the Lead Source to it, but I only want that updated if there is no previous Lead Source assigned to it. I don't want subsequent forms to overwrite the value. Smart Field(s) works only partially because if I use the API to submit forms, smart fields do not stop it from being overwritten.

Thanks 

HubSpot updates
59 Comentários
dborn
Berater

Very useful features, and very simple. Why it cannot be added?

Hubspot-Mitarbeiter
Hubspot-Mitarbeiter

Posting on behalf of my customer, who is also requesting for a similar functionality.
Requested feature: Append 

If a user happens to submit this form more than once, and places a different value for a field than their original submission, they would like for both values to be stored under their record (append), and not for the new value to simply overwrite the original.

Doht
Sachkundiger

Append to value highly needed for notes/description field !!

FDXmktg
Berater

The append feature would be life-changing.

We have a "Which products are you interested in?" multi-pick field which is offered on various forms. Currently, if an individual fills out multiple forms, the values are overwritten. 

Please look into making this an option! 

susanmsi
Berater

Hubspot, this idea is a several years old. Can you tell us if this change is being considered?

RedTea
Berater

Absolutely need this feature! 

This is not "nice-to-have" functionality, this is "need-to-have" functionality! 

nwilliams
Mitwirkender

This would be absolutely invaluable. Currently struggling to find ways around capturing details from events and this would save so many issues. I'm surprised that this hasn't received more attention

susanmsi
Berater

Hubspot, this post is a couple of years old, can you tell us if this change is being considered on forms:

1) Update value if blank
2) Append to value
3) Overwrite value

robinsonjn22
Berater

This is so necessary. Without it our data management is hindered. 

customtruck
Mitwirkender

We really need the update value if blank option too.