HubSpot Ideas

lukethomas

Update Exchange Rate Automagically

There is an option to manually update currencies w/ the current exchange rate in Hubspot.

There are APIs that handle this automatically. Instead of manually updating this monthly, this could be updated in real-time (if desired by the customer).

Example API: https://fixer.io/

10 Replies
HeathVE

I too was expecting that the currency would auto update the currency conversion rate too. 

arlogilbert
Contributor

Technically this would be about the easiest & cheapest thing to fix in Hubspot..

1. One single API call to floatrates or xe.com once a night
  2. Update the central database of hubspot exchange rates
  3. Customers who have enabled the new (and imaginary) "Keep my exchange rates up to date" toggle get automatically updated.
  4. Customers cheer and stop doing manual work & coding to do something this simple.

HubSpot actually has an accounting API with an exchange rate API callback, but I can't figure out how it gets called, the documentation makes it look like HubSpot has to initiate the call which is maybe a step in the right direction, but not exactly what is needed for most users. https://developers.hubspot.com/docs/api/crm/extensions/accounting

BKoehoorn

This would be increadibly helpful and make our finance team very happy. 

SJonas
Participant

We need this, otherwise we can't use Hubspot for our financial planning

Hildegaard
Contributor

That will save me 10 minutes each month - please implement this.

PackhelpSystem

Yes, that would help us a lot, too

KTraczyk
Participant

Yup, +1 to this one. 

AElrington

This would be very useful!

val_kouba
Member | Platinum Partner

Agreed! Manual exchange rate updates in settings are easy to overlook for a customer and can impact forecasting. Would be a very helpful feature even to see phased in. 

cstgeorge
Participant

There currently is a dated_exchange_rate function and current exchange rate function in calculated fields. Would be awesome if hubspot would allow you to use this to drive their default properties like amount in company currency. Otherwise you basically need to create all these yourself.