HubSpot Ideas

HappyChicken

Unpublish form

I would like to see the option to unpublish a form and or to set a limit to the submissions. For example I would like to set a limit of 100 submissions due to a webinar subscription.

November 7, 2022
Edit: 931 days and counting. Can someone please make this a meme?

April 6, 2023

Edit: 1081 days and counting. This isn't funny anymore.

January 2, 2024

Edit: Day 1352 – Still no option to unpublish a form or cap webinar sign-ups. We're considering switching to smoke signals for faster results! 😂

Come on, tech wizards, let's make this happen before we're sending messages via carrier pigeons!

HubSpot Updates
In Planning
January 18, 2024 02:42 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Ian, the Product Manager for HubSpot’s Forms tool.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! This means that our engineers are actively building this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

Ian

April 10, 2017 08:15 AM

Migrated from legacy feedback forum with 56 votes.

It would be great to hide or archive forms and emails so we retain he data from those items but do not see them on our active views of forms and emails.

149 Replies
MaggieLeach

Archiving forms would be a value add to our organization. We use HubSpot forms to manage various programs, and it would be so helpful to turn on and off forms at will.

michaeljay201
Contributor

Adding my voice to this functionality request. Some of the responses on other posts/ideas have been along the lines of, "Well, just unpublish the page on which the form appears, and viola!"

Yes, that is likely the primary way to solve the issue, but that's not the only way a form can be accessed/submitted.

Our company utilizes webhooks and Zapier connections to transfer contact data/info from several different platforms to Hubspot. A prime example is Facebook Lead Ads. The LeadsBridge can use the form ID to complete the lead capture, which bypasses the need for a page and makes the "unpublish the page" solution dead on arrival. This is just one of several "direct-to-form" submissions that can bypass a page.

We can publish pages and unpublish pages; we can turn on workflows and off workflows; we can publish emails and unpublish emails; and we can do so without needing to delete those pages, workflows or emails, because -- SHOCKER -- we just might want to save the data for comparison and/or retrospection. It's the SAME concept for Forms.

Hubspot, we need some movement on this. It wouldn't take much to implement this, and it would make A LOT of users happier, myself included.

michaeljay201
Contributor

@HappyChicken What's the magic Upvotes number, do you think? Three more to 300...

Which makes me think, "What would Leonidas and his 300 Spartans do in this situation?" Yah, that wouldn't be pretty...LOL

michaeljay201
Contributor

@vishnu @glencornell Roping Product Team into this thread.

Guys, it doesn't look like anyone from Hubspot has commented on this Idea in the 3+ years of it being active! That seems rather odd. There are numerous other Ideas threads with significantly fewer Upvotes and comments that have received Product Team attention/comments AND movement. Sequences on Mobile comes to mind...

Would one of you be able to look into this and get back to the Community here about what the plan is/might be from the Product Team's perspective?

Many thanks, in advance!

michaeljay201
Contributor

There are other Ideas threads that have hundreds of Upvotes and many, many comments, specifically requesting this feature. If you haven't already, be sure to Upvote these and add your voice there, too!

"Unpublish Forms" - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Unpublish-form/idi-p/332627

"Archive forms and emails" - https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Archive-forms-and-emails/idi-p/11520

michaeljay201
Contributor

@JoeMayall I noticed that you provided an update on a similar thread back in June 2020. 

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Archive-forms-and-emails/idi-p/11520

Since then, that thread has received 61 more Upvotes, and this thread has received nearly 300. Altogether, that's nearly 400 Upvotes for this feature. 

Maybe you could "go to bat" for us, again, now? 

SuperJack

@HappyChicken Seems like the day count since this feature was requested is even higher

There's another thread for "Archiving Forms" that was logged in April 2017 - 2,310 days ago 😐 

And that thread includes a note that it was imported across from the legacy feedback forum...

brycecline11

Please make this happen HubSpot! 

TicTacTim
Participant | Gold Partner

Badly needed!! +1

TicTacTim
Participant | Gold Partner

This is needed!!

JKuziomko7

I've been trying to use workarounds for limiting form submissions through WordPress plugins that 'say' they integrate with HubSpot, but I still have not gotten any of them to work properly. There are so many use-cases for this feature and I am really surprised it is not an option. It has become a major limitation. 

RigsandGigsNiki

I agree it's a joke, the level of detail with what is included and what is not.

This system is crazily overcomplicated

Allow us to unpublish forms for gawd sake!

Niki

saige_clawson
Participant

This functionality is so necessary, I can't believe we don't have it yet. I'm currently trying to clean up old forms, but there is no home for them other than to be deleted. Why can't we turn off/unpublish forms? 

MHusøy

This would be such a useful (and simple to make) feature! We currently have 300 forms, one for each course we have been running past 2 years, and it's a mess. Would love to keep the data there but have the old forms in an archive or paused list.

MHusøy

YES PLEASE! With all this automation fuzz that Hubspot is marketing to future clients, automating the closing of registrations should be a no-brainer.

And it must be possible to pause and archive forms that are no longer in use.

CarolineZ

+1 with the same struggles.

AKaplan3

We need to be able to unpublish forms. Submissions need to be able to be stopped without having to delete the form altogether and having to recreate it when we want to open up submissions again.

Nanpapatch

I need it so bad. 😔

MFletcher2
Participant

I strongly agree that the ability to unpublish forms is needed! 

EricaD
Participant

How is it not possible to unpublish a form?! Shocked that this is isn't possible to do. Please add!