HubSpot Ideas

V_Vides

Unique Quota for Sales Staff

Our sales staff have a different quota each month.  I would like to have an option to enter their quota for each month on a rolling 12 month basis to monitor how they are doing monhtly, quarterly and annually as well as being able to roll-up all sales people to have a company view of how we are doing. 

43 Replies
fboaventura

We have the same context here and it is very important to full up management of sales.

phidias

Same here.  We will need to set up a quota that varies each month.

EmPC

I need to be able to do this also and am trying to figure out where monthly quotas are edited. Is anyone able to shed some light please?

RealtyButler
Participant

Yes. The quota changes each month for each sales person. Any way to rectify this in the dashboard reports? 

mlevinger

Same here!

bh

Yes! how am I supposed to push growth with a flat quota each month...

tbutler

agreed.  I beleive this is vital.

LoisJ
Contributor

Lots of support it seems for this one....but no response on how it's done (if it is in fact possible). Has anyone found a work around??

Ronan

Same here. 

EmPC

I had a conversation with someone about this, and they said it's just not possible, unless you manually go in each month and change the quota - though this then messes with annual quotas (as it assumes all months are then the new figure input). Apparantly user feedback said it isn't something people want/need...

davstock

Very important.

Does this idea need to get merged with other similar ones? Like this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Set-company-goals-quotas/idi-p/3984 

Haroldroegiers

I adressed this vital issue to hubspot two years ago. Despite the heaps of respect I have for Hubspot, I am a bit disappointed this still hasn't been adressed. Unless you suck at sales management, you'll be planning your growth over the next months. Hubspot is being bought because it makes things easy and visible. So I have trouble understanding why this feature has not been a priority for Hubspot. Any news on when this would be addressed?

DonMohammes

Apparantly user feedback said it isn't something people want/need..."

Seems no feedback has ever been polled from sales managers in that case.

Upvote this!

Andrew__Thomas

This is essential for Hubspot to be taken seriously as a CRM. In a cyclical or seasonal business it's just not possible to set an average monthly quota across the year. 

I have spoken to Hubspot about this a number of times, but it seems no-one is listening. 

EmPC

Me too. I spoke to them again about this recently and they told me the same about user feedback. Crazy. Hubspot have the same budgets each month (so they told me), so is the user feedback from their own people?!

Andrew__Thomas

I'm a massive HS advocate, but they make it hard to bring the business along. Little things like having to pay extra for reporting, and not being able to set quota's means that we may have to look elsewhere. 

And of course, all their CRM competitors now offer marketing automation. 

Ronan

Exact same issue. Cannot find a way to make Quotas useable for our business as currently designed. 

How can anyone set targets. I have never been in a business where there is no seasonality. 

carl-sitback
Participant

We too have seasonal quotas... E.g, come Christmas time here in Oz, everywhere shuts down for 2 weeks or more - there's simply no way our sales team would be able to hit the exact same quota during that period as they can the rest of the year - and we don't ask them to. Variable quotas is a must-have!

Ronan

It would be very helpful to know if this is even on HubSpot development plans. Is it going to be available in 1 mont, 3 months, 1 year, never ....... 

Having the ability to set sales targets is avery basic requrirement of a CRM. I dont understand why this is not being addressed. I hope I am worng and it is.

haroldroegiers1

Come on Hubspot... work with us here.