HubSpot Ideas

tmonetcollins

UTM Parameters for Emails

So currently, these source and medium utm parameters in email tracking are non-editable as they're defined by the system. It would be nice to be able to change them to match my company's internal analytics team's system. 

18 Replies
PaulOudshoorn

I am looking for the same! 

AngelaIke
Contributor

Completely agree! I don't want to have to constantly look up email IDs to know which emails are performing best - why can't we set this data in the email UI while we're creating the rest of the email and assigning campaigns? Or even just add our own desired link append with all defined data right in that screen? They already have the URL builder - just put it in the email screen to apply to all links within that email!

NathanFury

yes please this should be a given in 2019

ThomasH

Completely agree.

Campaigns I can live with, but I really want the UTM builder to overwrite the automation for utm_content instead of looking at a list of ID's.

We need more than 1 item to identify links, that was the point of UTM anyway!

vdecker
Participant

Yes, being able to set all of the UTM values on the email builder level would be great instead of having to add them to each link. Marketo allows you to do this with tokens, Act-On has fields on the settings tab, etc.

Additionally, an option that if the utm doesn't exist in the URL then Hubspot can add the default. This way if I am using a custom utm_content, I don't have to add all of the other variables and Hubspot can automatically add medium, source, campaign, etc.

laurenydahl

I can't believe this isn't already a feature! PLEASE add this! Specifically, it's super frustrating to see email numbers in Google Analytics versus a title or a custom value. To present my reports, I have to go through individual emails and find the numbers to cross-reference with the report. Please make it so the defaults can be customized (without having to create custom tags for every link). 

jpham
Participant

Adding UTM parameters to emails and call-to-actions is probably the more common requests from clients. Making this editable via email builder is ideal

Osnovyanenko
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Is there going to be an update from the product team?

Phm
Participant

+1. Please implement

SamOrton
Participant

Hi Everybody,

I have started a new thread to get this new traction! https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Hubspot-must-provide-either-editable-UTM-Parameters-o...

Please can you upvote and together we will get this accomplished.

Kind regards,

Sam

nick_lanspa
Participant

Yes! We want to promote a special partner event and they need us to pass specific utm parameters for tracking and attribution. It's honestly embarrasing to have tell them we can't run an email campaign for the event becasuse our marketing automation tool doesn't allow for custom values.

Scott_from_Mars

This has been a pain point for years and years (and years). I flat out don't use CTAs in emails precisely becuase of this issue, so I and my team have to manually build all tracking links for every email. Allowing us to change the default tracking parameters would be a huge time-saver.

RWilson6

It should recognize when a link has utm parameters manually inserted and not override it with the automatic version.

This is a huge painpoint with tracking email performance. Is there anything on the Hubspot product roadmap to resolve this?

PatriciaDL

I can not understand that this is still not implemented.. .That belongs to the basics for me

kjenkins_GL

Still not implemented and would be VERY useful. This is a standard functionality in other mass email marketing tools. 

slayton12

Just getting into tracking URLs for external vendor sources and would love to have Google Analytics show me more useful information than a string of numerics. Where can this be updated? I shouldn't have to create a new short URL/UTM then copy/paste into the email, shut off the over-ride option, etc. Why isn't this build in already? 

default9765

+1 reporting clicks to external advertisers on our newsletter is a huge time-consuming pain because of this 

BrunoA

+1 just had this problem here.