HubSpot Ideas

daponto

URGENT: Prevent users to deleting contacts

Your platform is very good and I have been using it for some time now, even considering paying for more features.

But only now did I need to create a larger team and I realized that your system does not provide a truly important feature.

If I add a user, someone who works for me, if he is badly intentioned, he can delete my contacts and I lose hours of work.

Your platform should be able to prevent users from eliminating contacts.
In fact, at this point, what happens is that the user can not only delete contacts, but the administrator is not even notified of this action. Which means that the administrator loses control.

When the administrator loses control, the system is no longer secure and, therefore, as good as everything else is, it leads to the search for new alternatives, in search of security.

A simple internet search shows that there are many users who report exactly the same problem and feel insecure.

I am sure that for you it is something simple to implement, but it will make all the difference.

The alternative you gave me was to block the user from editing the contact information. But this is neither interesting nor effective, as most of the time, it is necessary to edit the contact's information at the time the new information was obtained and cannot wait for the administrator to do it later. Now imagine that applied to hundreds, or thousands of contacts. It is simply impossible!

Please consider this matter and create this possibility. Is it urgent. I don't want to switch Hubspot to another system.

Thank you for your attention.

0 Upvotes