HubSpot Ideas

ds_vn

UI for branch logic in chatflows --> Workflows UI

The branch logic is very hard to follow in the linear way it is currently designed, especially as you need to click on quick response buttons to reveal the next steps.

My suggestion is that the UI for chatflows adopts the same UI as the "Workflows" feature for IF/THEN branching.

In my opinion this UI is a lot more user-friendly and faster to build flows as it allows you to visually follow the branches. As you add more IF/THEN branches, this becomes more and more important as the complexity increases.

6 Replies
richard88
HubSpot Employee

If this could at least be toggled on/off that would be helpful. I agree that it can be confusing to not see the options all laid out and try to remember what each step's behavior will render. This would be a valuable option for folks hoping to see the whole flow laid out in one larger picture. 

DaneD

I agree!

The UX for building Chatflows is confusing, especially after familiarizing yourself with how Workflows are built.

Workflows follow the same format as Process Maps in Process Improvement, and I'd like if Chatflows could be built the same way, so we can see each path a user can follow while building them out.

100% upvote.

CJung

im not the only one!  This is absolutely ridiculous that you have Chat Bot and Workflow under the same product which are basically identical user workflows, but the UI/UX is so awful for the chatbot.  

It seems like the issue is that chat bots are only linear and dont allow for actual branching that does not return to the original branches... which is really dumb.  I know its free, but there is really no reason to use Hubspot chat bot for anything more complex than submit a ticket.

PNavarrete
HubSpot Employee

I also agree, my customer is not able to easily fix the errors on the chatflow due to the UI. Being able to view chatbots as workflows would be helpful in driving logic errors in the flow- 

MNichols4

This is exactly what I came here to say. 

Coming from previusly using Drift for chatflows and the Hubspot workflows, that UI is much easier to follow and saves me so much time.

This linear build makes it challenging to fix as the Alerts don't actually show the step before that is wrong when I navigate there and I cannot easily view whats been created already. Having to start back and the top and open every single conversation option until I find it is a huge waist of time that I do not have. Also the fact that I cannot seamlessly loop back to an original flow, allready created makes no sense. I should not have to create the same conversation 5 times.

PLEASE FIX THIS!

LRosenberger

+1, the UI is not user-friendly. Should be a complete flowchart of all the bot functionality.