Hola! ¡Tenemos nuestra Comunidad en Español!

Trigger Pop-Up on Click (URL)

We are heavily involved with lead generation for our clients and would like to trigger a pop-up when someone clicks on a CTA. Unfortunately, I do not see a way to leverage HubSpot's pop-ups without taking the user to another page. We are normally using Leadpages to power this integration at this point, but I would like to pull it completely within HubSpot's tool suite. 

HubSpot updates
6 Comentarios
KeyWestScott
Asesor

Interesting concept, but I'm wondering to what purpose this pop-up would serve?  Would it be to ask for additional information or drive them to specific resources? If so, then the "Thank you" page could accomplish this.

Just curious.

Scott

mvitak
Colaborador ocasional

The pop-up is triggered by the click and collects information via the form. I agree that the Thank You page is the downloadable file. We use Lead Flows currently for time trigger pop-ups but having one triggered by a click eliminates the need to redirect users to a separate page. 

KeyWestScott
Asesor

So, the user fills out a form, then by clicking to submit the form then triggers the popup? Thus filling out a popup form? Then taking them to the thank you with the downloadable content. 

If that's the case, then why not just use a subsequent "additional information" form => thank you page, etc? Or to as not lose those that may not want to give more information a link on that "addl info" form page to download the content, but in abreviated format, with the "disclosure" of "To receive the full "report" (or whatever) please  . . . . . ."

Scott

mvitak
Colaborador ocasional

Not exactly. For example, we would like to gated brochures on a product page. If a user clicks on "Download the Brochure" from a product page, we want a pop-up to be triggered. This would prompt them to fill out the form to get the PDF content. Following that pop-up form submission, they would be redirected (in a new tab) to the content or it directly downloads. This will keep them on a product page, so they don't have to find the product again.  

KeyWestScott
Asesor

Now I see, said the blind man.

And you got me....  You may have to go with a 3rd party application to get that.

Scott

mvitak
Colaborador ocasional

We are currently using Leadpages for these, but I would like to bring them under the same umbrella with the expense of HubSpot for some of our clients.