HubSpot Ideas

jtfmx

Tracking multiple opens/clicks on single email/link

I would like to see the ability to track and filter multiple opens and link clicks per email (per recipient).  The use case here would be the ability to distinguish between low/medium/high engagement of individual emails and workflows/campaigns based on repeated activities like opens/clicks.  Using this threshold, we could update campaign statuses in Salesforce campaigns and/or send alerts to contact owners for follow up.

5 Replies
TrevorReeves
Participant

This is an essential report my team needs for our marketing email follow ups. 

This ability exists inside the marketing email report, can you just create that activity based property?

email-opens.jpg

AChan4
Participant

Yes, this is definitely something our team would benefit from, too. It's obvious that HubSpot is able to track this, so the ability to filter on this when it comes to segmentation for outreach lists would be great. We'd love the ability to segment out stronger MQLs or top engaged contacts in our emails. 

dhoffmann2506

Upvoting this as it has been a couple of years and still not implemented. Great idea and our team would definitely benefit. Hubspot already tracks opens and clicks of individual sales emails as evidenced below, just need it to be a property so then it can be integrated into reporting.
dhoffmann2506_0-1680057891686.png

DLegge
Participant

I can't believe this is not on the roadmap. Seems like a very basic functionality. What's the point of sending a marketing email if we can't track the engagement? Going back to every individual email ever sent to periodically see if there is new activity is simply untenable. Fix this please!!!!!!!!!!!

tomlake
Participant

Hi @jtfmx , @DLegge , @dhoffmann2506 , @AChan4 , @TrevorReeves 

We also had this problem of not being able to utilise our "Top Engaged" contacts, and wanted to introduce you to Segment Builder, a HubSpot app that solves for this.

Segment Builder allows you to create "Segments" of top engaged contacts from individual marketing emails, Campaigns, Subscription Type, or a combination. You can specify a percentage or a threshold, and the segment will sync HubSpot as a List, making it workable with all other parts of HubSpot.

Please do try it out, and I would love to hear your feedback if you have any.

Happy segmenting

Tom from Segment Builder

A List of SegmentsA List of Segments