Tracking Documents from File Manager

We have software data sheets in the File Manager that we link to on our site for customer download. We need to have the ability to track how many times these pdfs are downloaded for viewing, as well as being able to see what web pages these linked documents can be found.

35 Replies
Joel_Fed
Occasional Contributor

I agree. CTAs are helpful only so far. It's not always possible to use a CTA, or the same CTA, for every instance in which you may want to share a file (PDF) that is stored in the HubSpot File Manager. It would be great to be able to quickly and easily track the number of views and downloads of a file.

AndyP
New Contributor

Agreed.  There should not be a requirment for a CTA in all instances.   We have a similar resource page on a non-HS page and it makes no sense that HS can track all "regualar" page visits/clickstream, but not the download of an asset - especially when it generates a unique URL for each item and already has a visitor cookie! Also odd that they allow this functionality for "sales documents" but not for broader marketing files. 

MissyBeynon
Occasional Contributor

I'd like to see something here too. We have a page listing 4 documents in a bulleted list that visitors can download. We used a list because a stack of CTAs looked ridiculous--and I don't have all day to design something more fabulous. Just the basic stats of clicks over time would work for us.

robinsonjn22
Occasional Contributor

This is critcal to implement. Act-On has this functionality and would think HubSpot would too. CTAs are not always feasible. 

MadisonB
Occasional Contributor

Agreed - being able to track how often someone visits the file URL would be really beneficial.

Madison

Sherry
New Contributor

Agreed! It would be useful if you want to directly measure which content piece has been viewed more overall.

clioi
Top Contributor

Agreed! We also need to see who uploaded the doc and when, thanks!

2iQ
New Contributor

Agree, we should be able to track:

1 - number of downloads for any asset stored in file manager

2 - who/when clicked and downloaded should feed into the contact timeline

Glitchy
New Contributor

I'm going to have to agree. It seems like it should be a fairly easy addition to make assets individually trackable for a # of downloads. I was hoping this was already a capability and found it surprising that it isn't. Please add this to your roadmap!

kdeleon
Occasional Contributor

I agree as well! I'm now considering creating trackable analytics URLs to get these reports. For 15+ files, this is incredibly tedious.