HubSpot Ideas

mfinocchiaro

Tracking Documents from File Manager

We have software data sheets in the File Manager that we link to on our site for customer download. We need to have the ability to track how many times these pdfs are downloaded for viewing, as well as being able to see what web pages these linked documents can be found.

151 Comentários
Joel_Fed
Participante

I agree. CTAs are helpful only so far. It's not always possible to use a CTA, or the same CTA, for every instance in which you may want to share a file (PDF) that is stored in the HubSpot File Manager. It would be great to be able to quickly and easily track the number of views and downloads of a file.

AndyP
Membro

Agreed.  There should not be a requirment for a CTA in all instances.   We have a similar resource page on a non-HS page and it makes no sense that HS can track all "regualar" page visits/clickstream, but not the download of an asset - especially when it generates a unique URL for each item and already has a visitor cookie! Also odd that they allow this functionality for "sales documents" but not for broader marketing files. 

MissyBeynon
Participante

I'd like to see something here too. We have a page listing 4 documents in a bulleted list that visitors can download. We used a list because a stack of CTAs looked ridiculous--and I don't have all day to design something more fabulous. Just the basic stats of clicks over time would work for us.

Matthias1
Participante

Hi,

I would like to track the request of files in File Manager. Of course for using Pictures i can do this on the pages were i use the pictures.

But we dont want to produce brochures anymore. Instead we want to put QR Codes on Events that are linked to PDF Documents in Hubspot File Manager.

We would like to track how often these Documents are downloaded.

I could imagine a function in the file Manager, were u select the chosen document and can select a Date Range and as result u get the information how often this chosen document was downloaded in that time.

Would be very helpful.

Thanx

Matthias

jack_lav
Participante

I was just getting ready to submit this as an idea!

Stated slightly differently, I'd like the tracking functions available on the Sales platform (Sales Tools/Documents) for Documents to be available for Files on the Marketing Platform (Content/File Manager) plus number of downloads.

robinsonjn22
Participante | Parceiro

This is critcal to implement. Act-On has this functionality and would think HubSpot would too. CTAs are not always feasible. 

MadisonB
Membro

Agreed - being able to track how often someone visits the file URL would be really beneficial.

Madison

Sherry
Participante

Agreed! It would be useful if you want to directly measure which content piece has been viewed more overall.

clioi
Top colaborador(a)

Agreed! We also need to see who uploaded the doc and when, thanks!

2iQ
Membro

Agree, we should be able to track:

1 - number of downloads for any asset stored in file manager

2 - who/when clicked and downloaded should feed into the contact timeline

Glitchy
Membro

I'm going to have to agree. It seems like it should be a fairly easy addition to make assets individually trackable for a # of downloads. I was hoping this was already a capability and found it surprising that it isn't. Please add this to your roadmap!

kdeleon
Participante

I agree as well! I'm now considering creating trackable analytics URLs to get these reports. For 15+ files, this is incredibly tedious.

dani_k
Participante

Our marketing manages data sheets which are already publicly available on Slideshare, would like to make these files accessible via Hubspot but the lack of analytic capabilities means incomplete data. Sorry we aren't sales?? lol

Nakirider
Membro

Are there any updates or news about this? It seems there is quite a lot of demand for this kind of feature, which does not seem too complicated to fulfill.

katkocurek
Membro

Heartily agree. CTAs are just another layer of "stuff" (and extraneous user experience) to manage. My team really needs to be able to track views of the files. 

Joel_Fed
Participante

Although I have previously added a comment in favor of HubSpot adding a capability to track file downloads/views, if you have a Google Analytics account, you can set it up to track PDF downloads so long as the PDFs are stored in your site's media folder.

clioi
Top colaborador(a)

Hi @Joel_Fed - would you mind sharing how you did that? I think it could be a workaround while HubSpot are still working on this functionality

Joel_Fed
Participante

I didn't actually do it myself. I worked with a Google Analytics/Tag Manager expert to achieve it, but if you search for "how to track pdf downloads in google tag manager" you will get a number of links such as this:

https://www.skylinetechnologies.com/Blog/Skyline-Blog/January_2017/How_to_track_PDF_downloads_using_...

antoinepotloc
Participante

Agreed.

It's a non-sense a document within hubspot can not be part of the lead scoring.

+ having the time spent on this document would also be a great feature

RuwanW
Participante

This function has my vote.