HubSpot Ideas

Berky

Track who clicked specific links in an Email via Email stats, Dashboard, or Report

I'd like to suggest HubSpot add the ability right from the email stats page to drill in and see who clicked specific links in the email.  Right now, you can only see a summary counts of link clicks from the email stats page.  If you want to drill in and get a list of all contacts who clicked a certain link in an email, you have to create a list, i.e. for a sales rep to work. 

I'd also like to be able to include that list in a Dashboard so I could consolidate several lists and reports in one spot for sales reps and sales managers to work from.  Or, add the ability to report on Marketing Email click activity, which would accomplish the same thing since right now you can't include lists on Dashboards, only reports.

17 Replies
SBryantBurns

Great idea! It would be great to have this data in the indvidual contact record. When you click on a record of an email someone opened you can see the specific links with what they clicked on. 

STEVE_KURTZ

Yes!  You need this to be feature equivalent to MailChimp.

bwyche

With Mailchimp, there is a standard feature that allows instant grouping of “Clicked” & “Opened” email in 1 second.

The % of emails a user has opened & clicked is shown, for easy determination of their current engagement % level.

More importantly, the email types (an event, an interest area, etc.) are grouped together for immediate viewing & use.

With Hubspot, I have to do an increasingly long manual scrolling to determine “Clicked” & “Opened” emails. It’s currently a few minutes, as opposed to a second, and as the activity level grows for each person, will take longer and longer  to scroll for the information that I have to slowly eyeball and try to remember. (With Mailchimp, all the information is held together for easy viewing and usage that enables me to process it faster).

Additionally, with Hubspot, the % of the engagement of the number of “Clicked” and “Opened” emails is not tallied. I’m not in a position of time to go through the total number of emails I have to scroll through and manually count the actual %, so I have to say things like “this person opens a lot of emails or opens a few emails or appears to click a large amount” instead of an actual number like Mailchip easily displays.

Berky
Contributor

Great feedback, @bwyche .  @HubSpot is so much more than MailChimp so I don't understand why their feature set lags in important, basic areas like email stats. 

garinhess
Participant

I agree. I've been doing email marketing for over a decade and even 12 years ago the email marketing tools we were using could tell you what link someone clicked. This helps create more targeted follow up offers in nurturing. Please add this!

Cintial

Sí. Sería bueno poder hacer seguimiento de los contactos que hacen clic en los enlaces adjuntos dentro del artículo o mail enviado. 

Ekaterina

Most of our commercial emailing efforts rely on multiple links (like a catalogue : 1 link => 1 specific commercial team). So this feature is essential to our business, as I make monthly reports for each team separately. Before I have used a very simple emailing tool "cookies", that has supplied the emails (but only emails) per link. Then I had to use "lookup" formula in Excel for each report to get the company, the title, contact informaiton, etc. I was hoping with Hubspot this torture will end! And I see that even the basics were not supplied. It will complicate my work even more.

KEU174
Participant

YES!!!!  I was shocked that I couldn't see who clicked on the links.  I thought that was basic functionality of a CRM/email platform.

Awestphal19
Participant

Hard to believe this idea has been out here almost two years with no implementation. Particularly since iOS isn't tracking open rates anymore, this has become one of the only ways to effectively do a triggered email sequence.

HHanna

I'd like to see it right on the contact record so a rep doesn't have to search someone in Email Performance to see what they clicked on.

DGallozzi

Completely agree! Having a feature for Reports that show each contact and all their specific clicks (what they are clicking, specific links etc.) would be extremely helpful and useful. 

FChabaudie

Excellent idea ! 

It's quite important for us to know who clicks on certain links in our sequence emails, such as case studies, brochure, booking a meeting, etc. 

Can't wait to see this feature live 

MTerry7

Yes please! This idea needs to be implemented. I'm very supprised it hasn't already, the value add to my systems and company will be astronomical.

byron_marsales

Yes, some view of how many clicks on a specific link within an email that has several links, with a drill to which contacts clicked that specific link would be super helpful.

CVokoun

Dying for this. Huge gap in reporting currently.

I spend several hours a month collating parts of reports to make one that I can share with sales team. 

Need to collate monthly emails clicked, including what the email was and what they clicked. The same for forms.

BGJ

+1 for this feature please

BeebeSynario

This feature is absolutely needed. Without it, I have to manually search through the activity of each contact who clicked something in the email.