HubSpot Ideas

SSonoquie

Track views on Web Version

It would be helpful if I could track views on the web version of emails I send out. I send direct links to the web version via text and facebook

3 Replies
lhaith
Contributor

Hello i have come across the same issue. Some of our audience (internal staff) don't have email - we intend to push them to the webpage version of the email. Obviously we want to see the true readership numbers, but hubspot tracking code is not in the html.

I just spoke to hubspot support and the only recommendation was to recreate the email in a additional landing page. Seems like a lot of effort compared to the alternative... im sure this would be quite quick and easy for the hubspot dev team to add the tracking code to the generated page. 

HeatherThompson
Participant

I completely agree. I've worked with Adobe Campaign, Mailchimp, DotDigital and Bronto and all included tracking and dynamic info on the web versions, as far as I know. It's very weird that HubSpot doesn't do this, especially as having a web version is a best practice in email marketing.

to-cmns

Yes, it's disappointing that the web version does not track views and clicks. We need this to have a complete understanding of our audience and to measure success of promotions.