HubSpot Ideas

melissanb

Track email forwards

It would be really beneficial if HubSpot could track when campaign emails are forwarded, in addition to opens and clicks. This additional data point will help us understand how engaging or valuable our content is, along the lines of a user "recommending" our content to their friend or colleague. 

25 Replies
MMatijasevic

Very beneficial indeed ! I would be great to have the information on how many transfered emails were opened.

JKelly311
Participant

Indeed! I was asking about this on the community board and someone recommended I shared my use case here! Hope the context is helpful for the product team.

We see a ton of opens on our emails (yay!) but the response rate varies among seniorities. We find that class A seniorities have the highest open rates but the lowest response rates while vice versa for B or C class seniorities. 

The hypothesis is that class A seniorities are forwarding our emails to B and C level decision makers and delegating communication to them.

In an ideal report I'd be able to track:

• how many times an email was forwarded
  • what company forwarded the emails
  • % Forwarded (to compare to % opened)

It would be great to get some context of who the emails are being forwarded to but that gets into some murky privacy ethics!

TFD21
Member | Platinum Partner

Yes, we'd definitely get use out of this feature!

KatySchuler

I agree. Many other email marketing systems do this as it is valuable to know. Would be great if Hubspot adds the ability to track email forwards this to email marketing campaign analytics.

JHerman

I had this capability with different software and I am surprised Hubspot does not. It really helps track engagement and understand where traffic is originating. Is this being added yet?

Jeff_Rauseo

This would be super helpful, especially as you grow an email list. I want to see how many forwards we get from specific contacts, which could help us determine if there are specific accounts we should be trying to get more email sign-ups from or targeting more closely because of their obvious interest.

I know Pardot had this for me in the past, but HubSpot does not offer it right now. This is really a key feature that we need.

CCHernandez08
Participant

Looking forward to learning if this is being considered

LMCampo

I just got back on HubSpot from a much smaller email marketing company, and I am fully shocked that this is not already offered. We really need this information! 

DLevis

Our team completely agrees! This would be incredibly beneficial especially as we do a ton of internal marketing with team leaders acting as gatekeepers or content distributors!

SDrake

100% agree! Especially for service-oritented businesses that rely on referrals - seeing which clients and leads are forwarding on content would be incredibly helpful. 

SHolmes6
Contributor | Elite Partner

a few of our clients have asked about forward to a friend strategy and a f2f feature and being able to track it would be hugely beneficial. thanks

DConstantino

Yes please HubSpot, we need this function!!

DBrown301

So many other (and less robust) platforms have this feature, I truly was surprised HS did not track email forwards. Why wouldn't they do this? Very helpful to see forward volumes when guaging overall email performance. Do we need a change.org to make this happen or does anyone from hubspot actually see any of this?

FEvans

I would love this feature as well.

Dikyi

Why hasn't this been done yet? It's a standard feature. 

MNugent

We use two other programs where we can see if the item was forwarded.  I sent an email yesterday with a link to register for an event and because of your tracking codes I can tell they came from a HS email.  Only one person from that company shows they clicked but in the registration there were like 17 from the same company.  It would be nice to identify these transfers

ERoark

I definitely would like to see this happen. 

MPapayani

Yes please we also need this!

mikr
Contributor

It would be great to have that. Not only for marketing emails, but also for sales emails

bertelkirkeby
Participant

Completely agree, this should be made available asap.