Track Form Submission Source Automatically

Just like the "Sources" report tracks lead source automatically, can we have that functionality for form submissions? It will be great to know if a form was submitted via direct/organic/paid search/email/social media etc without having to use custom GA tracking URLs for each channel.

Thanks,

Supriya.

HubSpot updates
6 Replies
janes
New Contributor

Would definitely appreciate any extra reports, dashboards, and info tied to forms. That area seems to be lacking so far in HubSpot - but forms are the focal point of all lead gen.

BM
Occasional Contributor

so need to do this as a report

kylemckay
Occasional Contributor

UPVOTE!

We desperately need this.

If you think about a Contact's lifetime interacting with your company, they are likely to fill out multiple forms.  Each of those form submission likely have a different "session source".  It appears as though the individual Landing Page Analytics tool provides visibility to the session source for all form submissions that took place on that page - but the information is not reportable at a macro level - nor is the information made available in a Contact Property, on the Activity Timeline and thus we're unable to the info sync to Salesforce. Ideally, this information would end up on the associated Campaign Member record related to the Form submission.

FormSourceSub-source
1Ebook FormDirect Traffic 
2Demo RequestSocialFacebook
3Webinar RegistrationReferralPartner Name

^ We would like to see all of this info when looking at a Contact in HubSpot or Salesforce

lauraparsons
Occasional Contributor

definitely need this. my company are moving away from landing pages to embedded forms so I'll have no visibility over which sources work

christa
Regular Contributor

Form performance with session source at time of submission is definitely needed. It is helpful to know more details on users than just the original lead source. 

harisnp
New Contributor

I have been searching for "How to tag a form to a source?". Has this been solved? I am not able to find an exact solution for the same. I am embedding a HubSpot form in a WordPress site. By default the source is Offline source. I want to change it to another source. Is it possible?