HubSpot Ideas

isabelgendron

Track Email Client Types

Mailchimp has a feature that gives you stats of the top email clients your contacts are reading your emails in. This is very helpful for formatting and prioritizing optimization for different email clients; for example, Outlook is a nightmare for CSS spacing and if I knew that a large majority of our contacts were using it (which I suspect), I would focus more energy on that design process, whereas if a negligable amount of contacts were using Outlook, I would make it less of a priority. Thanks!

mailchimp email clients.JPG

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
April 30, 2020 08:40 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments on the idea. This isn't planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. We will re-evaluate in the future and we will update this idea if anything changes. Please feel free to upvote and continue to leave feedback on this thread.

54 Replies
jspratt
Participant

This would be hugely beneficial for taking stock of what email clients our contacts are using, so that when designing emails, we can prioritize those email clients. As we all know, emails can render very differently between Outlook, Gmail, Thunderbird, etc. and that's why there's the feature to test emails on different platforms already built into Hubspot. Hubspot gives you the ability to test on 90 different clients/devices. So obviously it's not feasible to spend the time and resources to get it looking perfect on all the potential combinations of clients and devices out there.    We need the ability to know what email clients and devices our contacts are using to view our emails, so we can prioritize those when we're designing emails. Details matter, and emails that don't look or function well when someone opens it are not likely to perform as well. This reporting exists, in one form or another, on other email platforms already.

sravi
Participant
Agreed! This would make emails more effective. By knowing what platforms our client use, our content can be more customized. Nobody wants to look at an email with terrible design. Do it HubSpot.. Make our lives easy! Give us more information about what devices and email clients people are using, include A/B tests when we "Save emails for automation" through a Workflow.
kmacsween

Oh my stars, agreed! What a wonderful idea. 

roop

Definitely - a great idea for effective tracking!

anp

This feature would be very beneficial for my account. 

We send gifs in our emails, but outlook can't view them.
If I could see on our list which users used outlook I won't send them a gif image. 

If this becomes a feature please let me know. 

beccat

Great idea! We are definitely in need of an overall report of opens by email client. I know you can see opens by email client per individual email but it would be helpful for an overall report. 

soeser
Participant

Echoing @beccat - it's nice to currently be able to see opens by email client in the individual email after a send, but I would love to be able to have an overall report!

PriscillaB
Participant

Agreed. Is Hubspot working on this already?

nimitroongta
Participant

I was shocked to discover this feature doesn't exist yet. It's a simple math formula to show it for all emails since you already show that data on an individual email basis. 

panaulli

Hello, I am surprised that there is no overview. Since the data for individual emails are available, it should be possible to fully exploit them. That would be very important for the email templates - especially interactive.
Hopefully there will soon be a way to access this data. Maybe over a report.

AndrewinKC
Contributor

Please add this to Hubspot! It will definitely help us focus our efforts for which email clients to optimize for.

HSchleicher
Participant

Yes please create this!! I use this feature all the time on individual emails but it would be so much more helpful to have an aggregate view of the data for all emails to all subscribers.

daaframcampbell

Please add this to Hubspot!

Brenda
Participant

I had this capability when I used SendGrid 5 years ago and found it to be extremely helpful.  Given that this was suggested almost 2 years ago and there seems to be no activity on it, I'm not too hopeful it'll be addressed. Smiley Sad

petersherlock93
Participant

Please release this on not just a single emails basis!

Great idea

AHartford

Yes! Please upvote and HubSpot needs to reconsider this.

EmilyFriedrichs
Participant | Partner

Agreed! Just asked Support about this!

amacdonald
HubSpot Alumni

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments on the idea. This isn't planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. We will re-evaluate in the future and we will update this idea if anything changes. Please feel free to upvote and continue to leave feedback on this thread.

epdanmartin

This would be so helpful! 

mdz1971
Participant

This would be very beneficial to overall email analysis.