HubSpot Ideas

garinhess

Track Click-throughs on popups with only buttons

I have a premium piece of content that requires a landing page for a big form fill to download. That all works great. I have a pop-up form that has a simple button on it (screenshot https://prnt.sc/s83ck3) that leads to the landing page.

The landing page is converting great at about 60% conversion rate (https://prnt.sc/s83dgt).  What isn't great is that there is no way to track how many clickthroughs I get on the popup. Apparently you have to actually have a form, not just a button, to track the clickthroughs. So there's no way to optimize this.

It would be ideal to allow for click through tracking of a pop-up that doesn't include a form.

21 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried setting the button up as a CTA and using the CTA data to anaylze?

GabbyS
Member | Elite Partner

I second this! It's crazy that you can't see the click through on a button on the pop-up, and click through metrics are only available if you have a form on the pop-up. Please add this functionality to pop-ups! 

Ella_BTT
Participant

I third this - Not being able to track these makes them so much less useful! I built out a whole nurturing flow only to realize I am going to have no idea if it's working or not.

Irmelin
Participant

Fourth this. We would like to be able to track CTA clicks in pop-ups.

MathildeLP

I also need to track CTA clicks in a pop-up form linked to a non-hubspot URL

LDewit
Participant

How is this not a metric that HubSpot tracks??? The work around is using a tracking URL as the button link, but it is unbelievable that HubSpot doesn't provide this data.

RTeuch
Participant

I also feel this would be really helpful to know if we should continue using pop-ups or if they're a waste of time, since many people find them annoying.

This should be a pretty easy addition for Hubspot? 

UdiKlein

Yes, it's a must. there's absolutely no way to evaluate an only-button pop-up effectiveness without click data. 

YodelerCori
Member | Gold Partner

Agreed! We need this too!!

LDewit
Participant
It's shocking that this isn't a feature yet.
GDGrissom

HubSpot! Let's get this back on track, huh? Looks like a lot of demand for this simple feature!

JaneMoore
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is HIGHLY needed and surely isn't a big update to make but would add SO much value!

CBoulanger

Lol. I was convinced it was just me or that I wasn't able to figure out how to do it. This really should be a default piece of data to capture. Otherwise there is no way to assess the popup.

LDewit
Participant

LDewit
Participant

The work around is using a tracking URL as the button link.

khalpin
Member | Platinum Partner

Yes please!! We should at least be able to view number of clicks on the callout button, regardless if there is a form step or not. I have a lot of popup forms created that are acting as CTAs, but unable to view performance in the most basic way. Please add this tracking ability! 

CSalvadore

Any updates on this? I agree that this would be extremely useful to help determine if  if popups are working for my leads. Thank you!

RafaelCm
Participant | Platinum Partner

Is this seriously still not worked out? 

This is so curcial, please change this ASAP!

MFischer
Participant | Platinum Partner

Urgently needed! 

Why is this still not possible after more than 2 years? Integrating this can really not be a big deal.

h-recker

Seriously in need here. The workaround by using a tracking URL means we'll lose the initial data in GA.