HubSpot Ideas

Quinten

Total amount on Quote confusing to customers when using multiple pricing options

Our Pricing is per month and we charge a one time setup.

Invoice happens once per year (See screenshot)

The total amount as mentioned on the quote is quite confusing for customers.

My suggestion would be to make it an option to hide the total amount in quotes.

Capture.PNG

I am aware that a suggestion for a fix has already been done in this thread but since that covers more topics I would like to isolate this RFC here.
(*Ability to remove or adjust the total shown (in the case of multiple pricing options for one component). 

Atualizações da HubSpot
August 30, 2022 12:18 PM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library and Quotes. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We will be making some small adjustements (like potentially re-naming the Total field to say "Total Due Today" or "Total first payment"), and it is possible to add the Total Contract Value Deal personalization token to Quotes. We recognize the confusion here, but we need to make hard prioritization decisions this quarter. I'll let you know in October how things are looking for Q4.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

Status atualizado para: In Planning
March 15, 2022 11:24 AM

Hi folks, Tori here, product manager for our quotes tool. I wanted to provide a quick update on this issue. We have officially launched our Customized Quote Template tool. Features of this include showing/hiding your line items total and developing your own line item tables modules with custom calculations. We are still working on a user-friendly setting in app to adjust how totals are shown and are hoping to deliver something in Q2.

To learn more about Customized Quote Templates, click here.

September 09, 2021 10:13 AM

Hey folks - Ethan Kopit here, the product manager of HubSpot Quotes. I wanted to drop in to give you some updates. We made quite a bit of progress on this feature (it will live as a switcher in Quotes, which will allow reps to toggle how they want the total to be calculated). We'll likely build a setting for it as well, which will allow you to set a default for your account. 

We will ALSO be supporting removing the total (or subtotals, or additional fees) from the line item table as well, so you can list just line items with no calculations.  <-- this should be out even sooner as its a feature of the custom quote template editor.

I can't give you an exact ETA yet, which I know is frustrating, but we're well on our way. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

August 17, 2021 07:19 AM

Hey team - I just wanted to let you know that we've made progress on this feature and it will be released this year. Our solution will be that you will be able to remove the Total and Subtotal sections from quote templates, which will allow you to list multiple pricing options in a table without presenting a total.

Thanks for being patient with us - we're making progress.

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
March 09, 2021 06:57 AM

Hey team - HubSpot PM of Quotes here. We're currently working on a solution for this which would allow you to toggle whether you want the "total" of a quote to represent the total contract value or the first billiing period (which is what it represents today). Our upcomiing customizable quote templates will also offer the ability to show/hide different sections of a quote, which could include total. 

I hope that you haven't already made the decision to stop using quotes! And, if you haven't, I'm grateful that you're sticking with us. Our quoting functionality is only going to get better and better. Thanks for the feedback.

78 Comentários
MAgesen
Membro

Same, we really need more flexibility! 

We have the simple problem of wanting to list the price per month (subscription) as the line item, and as we charge yearly the TCV should be price  per month*12, but this is not doable! 

So we end up with a quote that states the monthly price as the "total", which is, to say the least, ridiculous. 

Please fix asap

BigDaddyBear
Participante

This is a must for us. Great that the custom quotes beta is coming, but a shame the access to it is so limited. We really need to be quoting the Total Contract Value to the client. 

SMiller4
Membro

Can't beleive this is taking so long to implement.  It makes the quote system confusing, more of an invoice rather than a quote.  If this doesn't change soon, going to have to look elsewhere for a better system.  

ethankopit
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hey team - I just wanted to let you know that we've made progress on this feature and it will be released this year. Our solution will be that you will be able to remove the Total and Subtotal sections from quote templates, which will allow you to list multiple pricing options in a table without presenting a total.

Thanks for being patient with us - we're making progress.

ASullivan0
Membro

Thanks for this post!

ElisadePortu
Participante | Parceiro Ouro

Hi, it's quite urgent for me to find a solution in order to display the TCV in a contract , especially if we have different line item (for example monthly subscription and one time billing in the same contract). I see that this fix is in progress, will this feature be available within the end of this month?
Thank You for your answer :))

TonyDowling
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

I've just had a thought and maybe wrong - would it make a difference if we set the 'deals amount' to default to TCV or whatever? 

Not near my desktop to test it... 

ElisadePortu

Unfortunately not, already tested 🙂

TonyDowling

Bah...! Sorry 

ElisadePortu

It's quite surprising for me, because HubSpot can calculate the TCV,  it has already the value.  The only issue is to display that value at the end of the  quote 😞

TonyDowling

I was stumped yesterday trying to report on a team (several reps) and their annual target! 

You'd think that would be an easy one 🙂 

Quinten
Participante

Ok we have made up our mind, patience is over and it simply costs too much time and customers' trust  since with every other quote customers don't tend to approve since they are confused. The quote is the start of a relationship and we cannot afford a bad start here.

If the customer does not understand the quote we need to follow up again, explain, spend time on it etcetera. ....We came from Pandadoc, which also wasnt' perfect but it seems we have nowfound a wel integrated new quoting solution (in combination with Saas invoicing:) now. Will give it a try and keep you all posted.

ethankopit
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hey folks - Ethan Kopit here, the product manager of HubSpot Quotes. I wanted to drop in to give you some updates. We made quite a bit of progress on this feature (it will live as a switcher in Quotes, which will allow reps to toggle how they want the total to be calculated). We'll likely build a setting for it as well, which will allow you to set a default for your account. 

We will ALSO be supporting removing the total (or subtotals, or additional fees) from the line item table as well, so you can list just line items with no calculations.  <-- this should be out even sooner as its a feature of the custom quote template editor.

I can't give you an exact ETA yet, which I know is frustrating, but we're well on our way. Thanks for your enthusiasm.

NHughes9
Membro

This would be a great and easy improvement!

LPearce
Membro

Will we be able to show both gross and NET totals in quote with these new features?

EmilyKirkland3
Participante

Any more updates on this @ethankopit ?  It is a feature we could really use in the coming 2-3 months! 🙂 

Gawry
Membro

Any news on that?

sboug
Participante

Hi @ethankopit, do you know when the switcher feature might be live? This is a feature we're desperate for.

leonlau34
Membro

look forward to the roll-out in 1Q 2022 

PPergola
Membro

Is there any update on this? it seems a very basic and obvious thing to do. Pretty annoying as we almost can't use the quotes the it it is build. Thanks