HubSpot Ideas

Quinten

Total amount on Quote confusing to customers when using multiple pricing options

Our Pricing is per month and we charge a one time setup.

Invoice happens once per year (See screenshot)

The total amount as mentioned on the quote is quite confusing for customers.

My suggestion would be to make it an option to hide the total amount in quotes.

Capture.PNG

I am aware that a suggestion for a fix has already been done in this thread but since that covers more topics I would like to isolate this RFC here.
(*Ability to remove or adjust the total shown (in the case of multiple pricing options for one component). 

76 Replies
Sebastiaan8989
Participant

Yes please, We desperately need more customisation options on the price listing. 

We already have the option to add terms and payment types (recurring v/s one-time fee).
The Total should either represent the total amount on the yearly/monthly invoice. Or be flexible and editable. 

Now it's confusing when they receive an invoice with a different total amount.

Chantal
Participant

Yes I agree, that would be very helpful!

Paula_

Yes, I am working in Sales as well and customers see this as the total amount. Which is quite misleading as it is not. Hopefully, the request below can be realised! 

DWSHO

Either hide the total amounts or mention the monthly/annual as an option in the configuration in the pricing table...

Marina1974

I agree I work at finance and the customers are confused about it.

PavelRotsaert

Completely agree with this development request. The option to hide the total amount would be my preferred way of dealing with this. Thank you! 

Cyberfish
Participant

I agree with the rest of the posts. we need to be able to customize the quote more, our company sends out different product options as a quote for the customer to choose from, if you total it up, it gets confusing. we end up sending multiple one line quotes to some customers.

natedame
Participant

Totally agree. The total, when using recurring products, is innaccurate and misleading.

awebb
We have moved to solely using HubSpot to quote.

However our services have a setup fee (one time fee) and a monthly cost (recurring fee for 3 years).

When we create a quote we have the sub totals accurate reflecting the one time fee and monthly fees but the Total at the bottom of the quote shows only the one-time fee and 1 month of service added together.

Is there a way to turn off the total or edit the way it calculates. We would either want it to show the total cost over the term (one-time fees + monthly fees of each line item for their term)

Or

Just show the monthly fee.
JoshateFlex

We would like the ability to choose if we want to show the reaccuring total on quotes.  

defranco
Contributor

Please HS solve this. 

The quote feature is useless. 

ZatAdam

Any updates on when this bug will be fixed?

Batist

Relevant for any SaaS business with a setup fee I think. Any updates?

dylanOptii

This is very needed, I see that any SaaS product sold at a per unit per month rate  that is billed annually is suffering without this

pwohlkoenig

This behaviour is not acceptable ... to be honest. No customers understands the totals.

Oxwash

YES THIS IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL. 

Please allow us to remove the total and generally make the quoting tool more sophisticated. 

WagnerPatra

I concur, without seeing the annual total, the quote aspect is not useful.  Especially when doing multi-year contracts.  I want to see Y1 and Y2 total expenses, not just M1.  

mohsen
Participant

100% agree. The total as of today is very misleading. Our workaround has been to add the right total or explain what "Total" actually repreesnts in the "Comments" section, which is very counter intutive. Either enable us to hide toe "Total" or offer more customisation.

stephenpratley_
Member | Partner

+1

The case we are looking at is that we need the amount that a purchase order needs to be raised for the value of an annual contract

There are 2 confusing areas which you can see here:
https://imgur.com/a/SOvZube

Issue 1 is that this lline item is being read as the amount payable for the 11 months, not per month.

Issue 2 is that this is not the total, it's merely the monthly total inclding taxes

Nowhere on the quote is there the total that the PO has to be raised for.

Currently we're faced with putting the amount in the comments (which is backward), or carrying on using Xero, and having to maintain the deal values in tandem.

This is available 

Enipeus

Cannot agree more with above. Need this asap