HubSpot Ideas

akash

Sorting Lists - Date Contact added

There should be an option to sort smart lists by when a contact was added to the list.

For example, I have a smart list of people who visited a specific page of our website in the last 7 days. I now ideally want to reach out to them personally and start a conversation.

However, lists dont allow me to sort them by when a contact was last added in. As a result, I have to scan the entire list everyday to see the new contacts added and then reach out to them. I am sure there are many like me who face the same issue. 

Kindly consider including this feature urgently in HubSpot. 

Thank you. 

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
January 22, 2024 09:51 AM

Hi folks,

Thank you so much for your ongoing support + passion towards this idea. I'm Andres, Product Manager of Lists at HubSpot 👋.

I'm happy to report that this feature is now live as part of this beta. See all the details in that link, and feel free to ask your super admin to opt-in your portal or your User ID to the beta!

AndresBustos_0-1705945866157.png

60 Replies
oscarsoscars

Has anyone figured out a workaround? 

Sking

@oscarsoscars You can create a new field called "list date stamp" and then a workflow that writes that date picker field as soon as a person joins a list. Unfortunately, you have to do this for each and every list with a new date picker field. 

Hopefully, HubSpot updates their filters soon since that information is stored in HS, just not on an actual field. 

Tiffany35406

I agree with this!  I have a large variety of lists with hundreds to thousands of contacts in each one, but the only option I can find for Dates are Create Date & Recent Conversion Date, which doesn't help me if the contact goes into any other workflows.  I need to know when they were added to each list.  Please add a Joined List Date!!  Even if it's just an option when you export the lists, that would be helpful too.

oscarsoscars

I have found that from the List homepage if you select a list and click export, there is an option to 'Include all properties'. In the CSV file that is exported, there is a column titled 'Added To List On' and you can see dates. 

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 11.25.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-22 at 11.42.53 AM.png

This is okay for now, but not ideal. 

Windy

Absolutely, I definitely need the same thing.We use many workflows to compile smartlists when customers download our written products. I just need to know when they were added to the smartlist, then I can contact them and thank them ... I don't want an auto thank you, each one is personal. I can get a notificaiton workflow set up which mails me when 'someone' adds to the list, but there is no way I can find of being notified about who it is and when it happened!

Help Hubpots : ) we just need a field on smartlists called 'date added'.

Brennan

Just chiming in to say I would also like to see this feature added! 

I recently found myself needing to further segment a list based on "contact joined list before date."

oscarsoscars

Wendy/Brennan - Here is a quick clip of how I pulled it in case you were looking. After clicking Export and selecting Include All Properties, you can go in and deselect the other fields you don't want to pull otherwise your file can get pretty big. 

http://nimb.ws/WI1BOG

Windy

Thanks Oscarsoscars. That would work great in order to work on the data outside HS, thanks for the suggestion which is a great short-term fix.

What I'm looking for long-term is something inside Hubspot to integrate with automated workflows.

oscarsoscars

agreed

noramv
Participant

Also chiming in to say this feature would be soooooo helpful. Power of the people and whatnot....

While Im totally aware I can export lists, that is such a tedious workaround. 

Jeronimouribe

Completely required feature!

Windy

Hi all, I think I first mailed about this 6 months ago? The issue is still the same for us (I am being polite instead of saying 'nothing has been done') , ie an eassy way to find out when someone is added to a smartlist. Workflows can then process that info and we can send automated or personal comms to the new addition.

Does anyone know how these suggested improvements to HS are proiritised, ie where this one is in the list?

dougiebolton
Participant

Just adding my vote that this would be a completely brilliant addition (as usual I'm surprised it doesn't exist yet). Contacts who get in touch with my company often fill in our contact forms regularly, typically if they need spare parts/service on their products. We use smart lists for each contact form as a way of keeping track of them. Sorting the list by create date/recent conversion date usually works OK, but in some cases it doesn't (for example, if they fill in a form while already in the smart list for another form, or if they fill in the same form multiple times). 

MartinK
Contributor

Indeed badly needed,

Cant believe that this is still not implemented. Even more troublesome is the fact that the fields is already avaiable when doing an export. 

Classic case of developpers developing stuff they like rather than stuff that's needed. (famous words by some Gartner guy .. )

sarah-aromahead

This used to be possible with the old reporting, and I used it for much of my weekly reports. But now with the new reporting tool, we don't have the capability to see when contacts are added to a list. This is causing A LOT of wasted time on my end 😞 

I hope Hubspot updates again since I know they have this capability and I'm not sure why it was removed!

efjohn

Adding in a vote for this feature, especially after the new reporting tool. This would really enhance my ability to track performance of lists.

ShaneD

I'm running into this right now!

I really need to be able to see which contacts joined a list durring a specific time period.

sachaman

Please Please Please make this a feature! I would totally sort by recently added as well. Will make a significant difference for us and I'm sure many hubspot customers! 

HeatherLeigh
Participant

On the marketing dashboard, there is a report called "Contacts created by date."You can click into it. There is also a report that will show you the most recently added contacts but as far as I can tell, it only goes back 30 days.

kyracosta

Definitely agree. This would be an amazing tool. Specifically looking to see when people enter the Contacts with Low Engagement list.