HubSpot Ideas

MandyMc

Timing specifications for chat launcher

I'd prefer to be sending visitors trigger messages when they have been engaging on a specific webpage, say they have been on the page for more than 1minute, the message appears.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
April 29, 2020 02:55 PM

This functionality has been added to the Display setting tab in chatflows. You can now adjust the display based on time on page, scroll % and exit intent actions by the visitor.Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 5.55.09 PM.png

Re: Timing specifications for chat launcher - changed to: In Planning
December 07, 2018 03:02 PM

38 Replies
cursu
Contributor

This feature would be very useful, agreed.

kbarrera
Participant

+1 as well

It's like jumping a person right when they enter a store saying "what would you like to buy today" instead of smiling, letting them browse and chime in as a helpful resource a few minutes later

Seonza

Hey, I agree with everyone here. The software is great but it needs this timing feature so badly! It will make the chatflow a super cool thing for engaging with the visitors. Many visitors are very annoyed when the chatflow is triggered immediately. They you've just come to the page and they need some time to check what it is all about. It will make the user experience a way much better. 

I hope that you, guys from HubSpot IT department, will add in the nearest future!

Thanks a lot! Thank you for sharing such a great product with lots of people. I hope my feedback is valuable and will help you make your product even better!)) 

STU131
Participant

Cmon Hubspot - let's get this basic customer service feature in already!!!

milliet

Yes please add this in, seems like something rather easy to add in. 

tommitchell
Contributor

YES PLEASE - we need to have the option to display chat upon scroll depth. Too aggressive at the moment when it appears straight away.

miseman
Participant

+1 Here

This would be an awesome addition. We'll likely be taking ChatFlows off the site as it has been too intrusive

Aadyasha

Hey, @MandyMc I strongly agree with your idea about sending visitors to trigger messages when they are browsing on a specific webpage more than 1 minute.

In a live chat, through any medium, we need to track and understand the behavior of the client and try using pop messages accordingly. Instant or regular messages may irritate the client which can turn out of losing a potential client. 

mkbb

Yes please for timing and would level up if you could do context-based scrolling action!

UmutA
Contributor

+1.

With the powerful contenders such as Drift etc, Personalization and customization of the chat functionality is a bit lacking on HubSpot. As a start, a delayed trigger and an event-based trigger would be awesome.

nickfreiling

This feature is absolutely necessary before we can implement this on any of our sites. Is there a timeline for when it will be completed?

Nakirider

This has been 'in planning' for quite some time now, although there are a lot of interest for this feature - is there any estimate on this feature being available for end users?

ErynFeeney
Participant

This feature is necessary, especially when the chatflow message will auto-trigger on a mobile device and take up much of the screen space.

Herschel
Top Contributor

Coming up on this idea being open for 2 years and in planning for 1 on what would seem like some pretty basic chat functionality. @hroberts any updates here?

SuzJGH

The response of 'In Planning' seems very old.  As a new Hubspot client i am very disapponted to not be able to control the timing of prompting the invitations to chat with us!  Can anyone update us with what is happening please?

cdewey22
HubSpot Product Team

This functionality has been added to the Display setting tab in chatflows. You can now adjust the display based on time on page, scroll % and exit intent actions by the visitor.Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 5.55.09 PM.png

tommitchell
Contributor

Brilliant - thank you for adding this!

Isegno
Participant

Hi,

eventought I set the chatboat to apper after 20 sec it does not works.. it apears immediately when I open the site... anyone can tell me why e how to solve the problem?

Thanks