HubSpot Ideas

MandyMc

Timing specifications for chat launcher

I'd prefer to be sending visitors trigger messages when they have been engaging on a specific webpage, say they have been on the page for more than 1minute, the message appears.

38 Commentaires
Aline
Membre

We would like the same, personalizing after how many minutes or page viewed the message appears.

Nwclark85
Contributeur

In other live chat platforms, you can set a delay for when the message pops up to the end user. I.e. you can set it to pop up after 5 seconds to ask if they need anything.

When we started using chat, we did a lot of testing to work out the best time for us but then when we recently trialed messages in HS, we were unable to set the time. As a consequence, the number of people engaging with us via messages went down hugely.

Yazz
Contributeur de premier rang

The current Messages Tool is wonderful and has come a long way. This minor yet powerful feature would make it that much better.

Instead of having the chat message pop-up the moment you land on the page, would be nice to have options (like the Lead Flow) to show up either on 50% scroll or my recommendation after a specified period of time on the page.

The way it would work is, the chat bubble would be on, but the actual custom message would pop-up over the bubble after [specified time] let's say 15 seconds.

I think as a customer is scrolling through your page, they are exposed to a wealth of information. Having this subtle message pop-up in the corner would draw their attention to the chat bubble to promote them to click and chat with you.

bh
Membre

This is super critical, we have a cloud-software and the lack of this makes the messaging tool completely useless.

We need users to try the tool for a minute or so before we offer help!

atl_stangs
Participant

Yes.  Please add this to chat...similiar to lead flows.  The prospects need time to digest the message before they get distracted with a chat prompt.

mb11689
Membre

I am in full agreement! I don't like the message tio appear right away because it's a distraction to the homepage and content on my website. I want it to appear after about 20-30 seconds so users can begin engaging with us if needed after they have developed interest in working with our team.

timscales
Membre

On content pages (like blog articles, etc), it would be better UX to allow the visitor a couple of seconds to read the content before opening the Chat prompt. (I want the Chat function on those pages, but it's a little aggressive to pop it open with a question before the visitor gets a chance to get their bearing on the page.)

Two options there:

• Allow the user to set a custom "delay" to opening the Chat prompt (i.e. 2 seconds)
  • Add an option in which the Chat prompt only opens if a user scrolls the page
jeremytliles
Membre

Totally agreed. It is kind of silly that this hasn't been implemented yet--seems like it would be quite simple.

Anonymous
Non applicable

Hey people,

I have a gift for you 🙂

Just replace the conversation script in your header by this one :

<!-- HubSpot Chat>
setTimeout(() => {
    let s = document.createElement('script');
    s.type = 'text/javascript';
    s.src='//js.hs-scripts.com/[your_hub_id].js';
    document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].append(s);
}, [milliseconds]);

You just have to replace [your_hub_id] by yours and [milliseconds] by your preferred timing. For example, 30 seconds would be 30000.

Enjoy ❤️

KevinFMTV
Participant

Very good point and I couldn't agree more.  

I added another idea ticket that expands a bit on this.   Please upvote this one as well if you agree. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Chat-Options-Leadflow-appearance-conflict/idi-p/21276...

skel73
Participant | Partenaire solutions Diamond

It feels very 'un' HubSpot/Inbound for instantaneous greeting or no greeting at all to be the only options. 

This is a really necessary feature, we need to be able to access settings to control how and when a Chat greeting appears. 

TangoForge
Participant

Thanks so much to Doht for this contribution. I'm comfortable cutting and pasting code. But the hubspot chat is appearing very nicely on every page of my site. I set this up from my hubspot account on the web, not from within my wordpress installation. So... where do I put this code? I have hundreds of pages and several different posts types...

Thank you for your help!

DanielGray
Participant

Giving my vote of support for something that allows for a specific duration or page scroll to activate the chat. With the GDPR message also popping up immediately, I feel like this can overwhelm a user.

daniel4moverii
Membre

Yes, great idea! I think this would be incredibly useful and would dearly appreciate if it were implemented soon. 

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
hroberts
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Camirand
Participant

upvote, we need this. The only reason I stay wigh intercom, thanks

MicaelaH
Participant

The chat functionality would certainly be more useful if time or page-scroll delays were available. Fairly small change but very big impact.  Hoping to see this feature soon!

jedward
Membre | Partenaire solutions

While Hubspot adds an option for this, I can solve it using css and jquery:

CSS:
body #hubspot-messages-iframe-container{
display:none !important;
}

Jquery:
setTimeout(() => {
$("div#hubspot-messages-iframe-container").attr("style","display:initial !important;");
}, 60000);

tomwestgate
Membre

Agreed, i won't use the chat system on our website without this feature because i find instant promts to be impeading.

Other good options would be to promt at 50% page scroll etc.

willcurran
Contributeur de premier rang

Fa sho