HubSpot Ideas

chaddiller

Timeline Form Submissions NOT in Alphabetical Order

When form submissions display in the timeline, it lists the fields in alphabetical order. This seems like a mess to view and there should be options to sort them by the field order in the actual form that displays on the website page and then contain the other info. 

For instance, I'd love to have it show

• First Name
  • Last Name
  • Email
  • Delivery Date (custom form field)
  • Calculated Cost (custom form field)

The way it is now, it displays a bunch of stuff we don't even need right away and we have to sort through the info (in alphabetical order).

• Became an opportunity date
  • Calculated Cost
  • City
  • Create Date
  • Desired delivery date.
  • and so on with a lot of alphabetical fields....seems SLOPPY
15 Replies
KCatania

NEED this please! We have forms that have notes after each rating. (I give myself a 5, here's why) Having those notes NOT connected to the prior question is an issue. Thanks Hubspot! 

schwipples
Participant

Oh man, I feel this pain in a big way.  Using Hubspot to gather this data is almost useless for me because I don't understand which response is associated with which question.  Any news or light at the end of the tunnel on this?

ABarringer

Why is this not a defauly setting to display in the order as designed in the form???  Displaying the fields alphabetically renders the info useless to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is something we are currently looking into from a feasibility perspective. We will update the thread as soon as we have more details!

schwipples
Participant
Thank you! Hopefully this is a simple fix. Like the other posters have
mentioned, this makes this form almost useless for us. I even numbered the
sections of our forms (ex. 1-, 2-, 3-) and they still don't show up in the
right order. Help us Hubspot Wan Kenobi, you're our only hope!
SMCNULTY
Participant

I agree with this.  Forms are useless to my company up to this point.  The order of the form data in the ticket activity should be the same exact order as the form.  This seems like basic common sense.  Should have been like that since day one. 

KHastings
HubSpot Employee

This would be extremely helpful!

JohnBrouillette

Any progess on this development?  I am in agreeance with all here saying that this should be possible. 

ACurryWS

Can this please be delveloped so its NOT in alphabetical order!

KPak
Participant | Elite Partner

It would be great if we could pick alphabetical order or form display order! Thanks

tdineen7

this is basic and should be corrected. should be a small lift to correct the issue. 

form information is barley usable when not in order of the form with more than 15 questions 

BoFleming
HubSpot Employee

+1

RFisher7

Are forms the most useless feature of HubSpot? It amazes our team how limited they are. Google figured out form simplicity years ago and HubSpot makes it so difficult to work with. We continually run into Hubspot limitations and for the price, our team is evaluating migrating platforms (not just because of the Forms challenges).

WBARBOSA

I agree with this.  Forms are useless to my company up to this point.  The order of the form data in the ticket activity should be the same exact order as the form.  This seems like basic common sense.  Should have been like that since day one. 

Lvanvalkenburgh

Yes please, the order of the form data in the ticket activity should be the same exact order as the form.