HubSpot Ideas

basil

Time to Close and Time to First Reply Taking Business Hours into Account

We have SLAs with customers that we respond during business hours and during weekdays within a certain time period. It would be greate if the Time to Close and the Time to First Reply KPIs could have an option that they are calculated based on business hours.

E.g. If a ticket is opened on Thursday and closed on Monday, then the time to close would be 3 days (since Saturday and Sunday are not counted given they are the Weekend).

HubSpot Updates
Idea Submitted
February 23, 2023 08:55 AM

Idea Submitted
February 23, 2023 08:55 AM

Idea Submitted
January 05, 2023 08:34 AM

Idea Submitted
January 05, 2023 08:19 AM

Not Currently Planned
August 02, 2022 07:09 AM

Being Reviewed
February 03, 2021 07:16 AM

Multiple teams are reviewing this idea, in part to enable more 'time between' reporting. Thank you all for offering your thoughts, we deeply appreciate it.

96 Replies
dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

bdermoum
Participant

Any updates on this @dmastin ?

KMI
Contributor

Excluding weekends from time tracking is a must for support agents!

AAquino2991

@dmastin - any updates on this please?

VAnanth
Participant

This is  an absolute must feature. Please implement it ASAP. I'm moving from Freshworks and all our chat close metrics are messed up!! This is one of our main support chat KPIs !! 

AAquino2991

@dmastin any update please?

cneisel

agree, this should be standard

VAnanth
Participant

How many upvotes does an obvious feature need before it is picked up? or atleast considered?  @dmastin 

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

dmastin
HubSpot Product Team

CCetas

Okay, so I believe I have found a workaround for this until this is added to Hubspot. It is...jank to say the list but it will function the same. I'm posting this response here to anyone that may need this in the future to hopefully be able to provide some assistance. Do note that I will not be monitoring replies so apologies if I miss any questions.

Getting Started

You will need an intermediate to advanced understanding of Hubspot and general coding/ computer knowledge.

1x cup of your favorite hot beverage, preferably coffee as this might take a minute

Actually, Getting Started

Step 1 - Properties (Response time)

We will need to create a property in HubSpot that has the field type as "NUMBER" and the format set to "FORMATED NUMBER"

//This will be required as it receives the time to respond in milliseconds

Step 2 - Properties (IRP Time to Respond) //IRP stands for "In Real People" as milliseconds is kinda annoying

We will need to create a property that has a field type set as "EQUATION" and the equation is "Response Time / 60,000" 

Condition = action > 12

//This is to convert the Response time into minutes

Setting up Workflows

Step 1 - Workflow (After Hours Email)

This will essentially be what I call the "After Hours" workflow. You will need to create a workflow using "Ticket" based and start from scratch.

Ticket enrollment trigger

-----Time to first Agent Reply = Unknown---------//This is already a property inside of hubspot

AND

----Create date less than 1 day ago-----------

AND

------Ticket Status is any of "New" (Whatever pipeline you have for tickets)--------//I do not know what your set up looks like so whatever you have your new tickets go into

+

Send Email

//This may not be needed but this just sends a response email to whoever put in a ticket, up to you if you want it in there

+

Set Property Value

------Set ticket property Response Time to 720000------- //This will set the end results to 12 minutes, it still isn't super accurate but you can also change this property manually if needed, just remember it is set in milliseconds, so time to remember that math

Settings 

Specific times

Everyday From "Your non-working Hours" to "Your non-working hours"

Step 2 - Workflow (Time to respond Automation)

This workflow should provide the data IRP Time to Respond property 

Ticket Enrollment Trigger

-----Ticket Status is known------

-----Create Date is less than 7 days ago------//you can set days to 1 if you would prefer

-----First agent email response date is known----

+

Copy property value

Copy ticket property Time to first agent email reply to ticket property Response Time

Settings 

Specific times

Everyday From "Your working hours" to "Your working hours"

END of Guide

Hopefully, this helps out and hopefully, I'm not forgetting anything. This took me a long time. I would recommend having anyone that handles all of your Hubspot automation attempts this as it can get a little finicky. Again, I will not be looking at responses very often so apologize if you ask any questions and I do not respond. This does not account for if your Techs do not email the client, but you can manually set action time if needed.

If this helps and you see someone having issues please direct them to this post (if this hasn't been added to hubspot by that time).

Good Luck,

Starling
Participant

Must have to make any sense!

KHudson81

Is this due for release soon?

Salesforce have a 'stop the clock' feature for out-of-hours and for when waiting for a customer to reply.

tarnoldd
HubSpot Employee

Hey Team, this is quite important for our users! They need to be able to calculate not just SLA metrics but also the Time to First Reply property accurately~ 

SSong_SP

Please consider implementing this feature. I'm surprised this functionality is not available yet. Critical to accurate reporting on ticket response time.

JPak

+1 This is essential for SLAs and metrics reporting to exclude non-business hours. HubSpot, please add this function!

SupernovaKMR

+1. WE have absolutely no way of tracking our team and agent's response time accurately, because we are not "open" overnight or on weekends yet this time is factored into Time to Respond. Makes the existing features next to useless until we can use them accurately 

VAnanth
Participant

It's amazing how long this has been open for. Makes you wonder if anyone is listening at all. Such a shame for a company as large as Hubspot to ignore such a BASIC feature that is so CRITICAL to operations. 

How many more upvotes do we need @dmastin  ?  

DStaat
Participant

Hey basil and @dmastin ,

We have an app call Timerman that would be perfect for this! It allows you to track how long a ticket/deal spends in each stage. But where it'll help you the most is in it's ability to choose when times are recorded. You can set up business hours and holidays to suit your team's schedule! Check it out here.

Let me know if you have any questions or need help getting set up.

Best,

-David Staat